Why did your parents divorce?

Question is obviously only for people whose parents got divorced.

Why did your parents divorce?
My parents divorced because of me, my mother abused me and tried to kill me when I was little, my life was constantly threatened around her. They divorced, my father got my sole custody and he's been raising me alone since then.

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents got a divorce because they really weren't a good match and my dad had some issues. He's an alcoholic and even when he's sober he's super immature. He was always controlling and one night when he got drunk he threatened to kill us and grabbed my mom by the neck so that was the end of that.

Also, your parents didn't get a divorce because of you... your parents got a divorce because things weren't working out and it sounds like your father wanted what was best for you. (Just like my mother wanted the best for me)

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly they both have told me multiple, radical different stories. My mom claimed my dad was abusive, my dad claim she cheated, she said he cheated, he said he didn't 100% know why she left, he also blamed it on her depression issues - I gave up trying to find out why. They just weren't as compatible as they thought

• Sometimes I can't understand why all the love some couples have appears to vanish so suddenly. Even more when they have a child, a fruit of their relationship.

• I think it boils down to rushing into things or problems just not being properly dealt with. I've always said that love alone doesn't make a relationship run: work does.

What Guys Said 10

• my mum and dad just didn't work together. I told my dad he could do a lot better and to do what he wanted in life. 6 months later boom dad told me mum he wanted more out of life she left my dad left and I had the house to my self for a year till it was repossed. but I'm still close to my old man and we work together but took him ages to pick himself up and enjoy life

• you can better ask, 'Why didn't my parents divorce' I hope they divorce, They yell everyday.
    they seem to never get tired of yelling at each other but yeah its weird to divorce in my culture.

• I was 20. I was glad they did. My mom was not happy with my dad. My dad was also kind of a shitty father. He didn't abuse me but was verbally abusive to my brother.

• My dad's a cheating piece of shit who left my mom with a 17 year old me a 2 month old baby sister. Said he doesn't care about us. Cunt.

• sorry to hear about that.

• mine live together but im surprised their marriage is still functional

• Sorry to hear.

Mine live together.

• What can I say? Old man was an abusive prick.

• Ok sad

• how is it living w a single dad?

• It's great, he has always done his best to make me happy and give me a good life. Of course sometimes I miss having a maternal figure in my life (even more because I'm a girl) but he's been doing an amazing job in raising me. I love him more than anything.

What Girls Said 5

• Oh honey that is terrible! Hope you don't feel guilty in anyway cause it was all your mother's fault. Mine got divorced because infidelity.

• I don't feel any guilty. My father had to protect me from her. I'm so thankful that he is my dad, it wasn't easy for him to raise me alone.

• I think it's because my mum cheated on my dad. That's as much as I know

• My parents had become more like friends than lovers, I guess.

• At least they are still friends

• @MidnightThoughts Well, they're not exactly friends. More like friendly. Mom's fiance doesn't want them spending any time together because he gets really jealous. But I realize that I'm lucky that my parents are still on good terms.

• I understand. I'm sorry about that anyway. I just thought that it was good and shows maturity when things end up in good terms.

• My mom cheated on my dad with my step dad

• cheer up little girl! you are worth things in life the moment you were born. Have faith in God and pray :)

• I do, I don't feel sad anymore. It had to be that way. I'd love to have a mother in my life but I'm thankful to have a father who loves me, he is both my dad and mom at the same time.