Going back with your ex.. how long does till it gets back to normal?

boyfriend broke up with me coz i was being a total bitch towards him and he says i dont put efforts in our relationship and im not affectionate enough
all true
but i still wanted another chance coz he's a great guy and i do have genuine feelings for him and willing to change for him
we only broke up for a week
right now we still talk everyday but not as much as we used to and i miss that
im still respecting his space

• 1 - 2 weeks after break up
    14%(3)15%(4)Vote20%(1)
  • 3 - 4 weeks after break up
    14%(3)15%(4)Vote20%(1)
  • 1 - 2 months after break up
    5%(1)4%(1)Vote0%(0)
  • more than 2 months after break up
    67%(14)66%(17)Vote60%(3)

Most Helpful Guy

• there's no set time range for anything and no one ever knows for sure what will happen or when, all I can say is good luck and I hope it all works out. I do sort of feel with you on this, I wasn't dating the person but it was close to it and nothing will ever go back to what was "normal" and I miss it a lot and regret doing what I did but I know it won't go back and I try to hang on to it. But Im seeing its not worth it in my case, I hope its worth it for you

• yeh hopefully its worth it.. but yeah he still wants me to meet his mum next week. if he wasn't sure about me and thinks its not gonna work out, would he still want me to meet his mum?

• I've never met her before

• hm, not quite sure

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes when you're a bitch to your lover to the extent that he breaks up with you it takes a long time for them to trust you with their vulnerability again. Honestly, it sounds like he deserves better, but whatever makes you happy I guess lmao. Just keep in mind there's a big chance it won't ever feel normal. Emotional abuse is not something somebody gets over super easily.

• yeah but he still wants me to meet his mum next week though... if he wasn't sure about me and thinks its not gonna work out, would he still want me to meet his mum?

• Dunno, dude. Can't tell what he's feeling. Just saying that I really hope you treat him better because emotional abuse is terribly selfish and inexcusable.

What Guys Said 5

• Do yourself some good and take your own space. Like I was told by a Wiseman. "If it was meant to Be, It will Be, just not right now. You have to know when to just backup. I'm not saying give up because if you give up then you've lost. You miss him but some things are better to be looked at from a distance while others close up. You deserve better.

• Sorry, but that usually doesn't happen. You can still try though.
    Good luck.

• yeah he still wants me to meet his mum next week though... if he wasn't sure about me and thinks its not gonna work out, would he still want me to meet his mum?

• You might both want to be back together, but you both will probably remember what you didn't like about each other or something like that. Do it if you wish...

• If you are time pass for him then better u should move on... otherwise if it's real love then hardly 3-5 days... Note-Think like Parent-daughter/son relation... we quarrelled but we love

• ask the ex, discuss what/why the break up, and you might get a answer. (might of found yourself friend zoned.

• Things never will be

What Girls Said 10

• Til you've proven without a doubt you're not going to revert back to the same behaviour that warranted breaking up - which can be a long time

• Id say, you never want it to get back to "normal" he'll just break up with you again. Instead put more effort in (hopefully he does as well) and instead of "normal" you can experience a new, better, growing relationship.

• You weren't committed enough to prevent it from falling apart. Sorry, but it doesn't matter how much time you allow to pass. He left you because of your attitude and neglect.

• It never goes back. It goes to a new kind of normal

• I wouldn't do it

• itll never work. sorry!

• It may not ever. Just go with the flow. A relit cigarette never tastes the same.

• I hate to say it, but it may never go back to normal. My ex and I tried it, but with no luck.

• yeah he still wants me to meet his mum next week though... if he wasn't sure about me and thinks its not gonna work out, would he still want me to meet his mum? I've never met her before

• Hey, you guys might be able to make it work. It might not go back to how it was, but i'm sure it's possible to still make it work 😊

• It might never. It depends.

• I don't think it ever will go back to what it was