Girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me because I haven't asked her to marry me.. how do I show I had been planning on asking her?

We have been together for 5 years , and I knew she had been wanting to get married and start our life together. I had been playing music nationally touring for most of that time.. this last year she really started showing signs wanting to get married.. i told her I was going to quit the band and come home and make everything right..
it was tough for me to get the ball rolling as I was hooked deeply into the music career, and money was tight.., but I was on a path of doing just what I said I'd do.. i slowed the band down to a hault and started being home more and started doing odd jobs to save money and I had planned on asking her by winter of this year... then BOOM.. she got the news she has Endometriosis.. her world turned upside down... I instantly quit the band and got a job , helped her deal with surgeries medical issues.. and then out of no where she tells me she needs time to figure out her happiness.. (break up)

She tells me she resents me because I waited to long... and now feels like the only reason I'm finally here for her is because of the break up and medical issues.. which is not the case.. it just moved all my plans up a few months..

this is week 4 of me trying to do everything I can to get her back and currently we just hang out but we don't discuss anything.., all I get is (I don't want to talk about it) and she has said she resents me for waiting too long..

what can I do to prove I have been wanting the same things.. and have been working towards our goals? Life just kinda happened before I got the chance to man up.
14
3