Why do men cheat?

is it a necessity for men to cheat on their partners in every relationship they have?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• oh goodness the big question and honestly im breaking the bro code by giving you a real answer... the reason men cheat is simple but complex at the same time to sum it up is we are greedy when it comes to sex we want out slice of caked and every other slice that we can get our hands on even the most loyal guys will think about cheating period if they say no there lying

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh this is sad. I wish people didn't cheat on others, it's terrible.
    It's not necessary and needed, but people do it.
    Men are visual and always want something better I think. Bigger boobs... taller woman, different hair, etc. when you start to look boring for them. This isn't everyone but I'm saying this for all the guys who cheat out there. In short, they are f-boys who want to use you.
    Same with girls who do this, they get tired of you.
    I don't think every man cheats, but its sure that a LOT of them do and it upsets me :(

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• No. Cheating is the physical form of lying. If the man lies to you, he will cheat on you, because again, cheating is just the act of lying, no pun intended.

Men don't usually cheat on women just fyi. Men usually get tired of a woman not being the same person they met initially, and start to fade from the relationship rather.

When a woman is satisfying her man to the fullest, he will reciprocate his happiness by ensuring you that he is not fading from the relationship (which will eventually lead to you thinking he's cheating, or actual cheating).

Men consider cheating much differently than a woman does usually as well. Men feel that talking to another woman at work for hours on end is completely fine, and not considered cheating unless he sticks his dick in her, or they contact one another with clothes off... However, if a woman was to do exactly the same, the man would go crazy, because that's cheating!

To reiterate, men sometimes cheat, because they don't know that they are cheating... they think that 4 hour long convo at 9pm was "no big deal", and that time he played footie with his secretary at lunch was also "no big deal"...

However, there are scumbags out there that have a perfectly good relationship/woman, but that's not enough for them... that is a man who intentionally cheats, which is much more rare considering the grand scheme of miscommunication as to what IS ACTUAL CHEATING (to me it's when you even give the slightest hint that you are available to someone else while in a relationship)

Think about it, there are probably hundreds of men that are unintentionally cheating on their significant other right now, but aren't even aware of it, because they were never taught what CHEATING ACTUALLY IS... most just think it's dick in vagina... no... it's actually anytime you decide to allow another woman to feel comfortable enough around you to make your significant other question your loyalty in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok, I'm here to present truth to you woman's around the world.
    So why do men cheat eh? Well, when a guy starts dating well he's a what u call a good guy. No guy starts being a player ok!.. later on, The girl who he started dating him will crush him the relationship ends then he gets another girlfriend and relationship will start and end again he gets to the point where he realizes he's no longer capable of loving. It's funny how girls say that men can't control they selfs, that they are beasts when they would preferably date the beast then guy that actually cares about them. He gets to the point when he realizes how twisted girls actually are and starts cheating and lying and starts being an asshole... guess what? his popularity rapidly increases as well as his sex life
    so Don't blame a guy for cheating on the girl rather than actually like her which she will almost always result in the way that she fucks his best friend, starts getting tired of him and starts looking for a bad guy... which is just another... immature scared of the loving Guy.

Let's face it girls are hornier, more twisted and cheat way more, so if u wouldn't be a bitch to your boyfriend your relationship will not end and he will not turn asshole and then cheat on his next girlfriend. and before u start bitching again about your boyfriend cheating on u, well ask him which girl hurt him before and made him into what he is now. its completely same with girls only difference is that they don't turn player but close of the heart and always trying to find another guy to be with rather trying to have fun than commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually it's the girls. It's called 'hypergamy'.
    The concept of loyalty and being true are only as good as she feels TODAY. If she decides she's not HAAAAAPPPPYYY, then she cheats or bails, or just shuts down sexually. Quite common actually.

About 75% of marriages endure some type of infidelity. 70% of divorces are initiate by women. Mostly because they'll give up sooner and pull the plug. A guy will tend to stay there and try to make it work.

The percentage split is likely 50-50, but women lie better so it's slanted toward men in polls and stats.

0|1
    0|0
    • While all that certainly happens, OP was asking about men cheating, is it something we have to do. From a woman's perspective, anything we do with other women is probably cheating. Once in a relationship, women get possessive very quickly and the more serious the relationship gets the more careful the guy has to be about mentioning other women he interacts with. In short, no guys don't have to cheat, we just get accused of it all the time.

• Because men is by nature, polygamous.

1|2
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @PoliceLivesMatter All completely valid points that I agree with 👍 It's just women's desires for multiple partners are not as talked about. Take for example that women are attracted to different types of men depending on what part of their cycle they're on. Sometimes they're looking for a partner whose more fit, muscular whose genes they'd probably want to pass on to their child. And then there's a part in her cycle she looks for long term partner traits whole take care of her child. It's quite interesting to see the percentage of children being raised by father's who aren't their biological ones, and of course usually don't know about it.

There's great research on it like - The Functional Design and Phylogeny of Women's Dual Sexuality: Estrus and Extended Sexuality

• Yeah, I agree. I've heard that too that women want a certain type of phenotype/men when they're ovulating.

• i guess by cheating, you mean having sexual relation with someone else than the main partner?
    this is a complex question even we seem to say with so much ease that "all men cheat". You need to consider the man and the why. Usually it will be because of a non accomplish expectation in the relationship, a lack of maturity (not able to speack out his borders in the relationship) or simply curiosity.
    But by nature a man or woman is not bound by relationsips. this is a sociaty concept for stability. Hence if both party agrees its fine but otherwise no expectation of not cheating should be on neithers mind. To get a man not to cheat is to be frank and sincere with him and make him open up and have a real partnership and not some mins games, otherwise its over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do women cheat?

2|2
    0|0
  • Not every guy is a cheater you know. But I feel this has become part of the new generation. Not exactly committing to one person. I find it horrible. A kind person could never cheat in my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • to be honest, saying it like that is a bit offensive
    but I think men cheat because they get women easy. it's just because women are attracted to me who cheat, I believe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we are canines. Mother nature ensured survival of the species by wiring us this way. Men are less resilient to disease. Men die earlier. Men go off to battle. If a huge % of the male population gets wiped out, one man and a whole bunch of women can repopulate the tribe. If the reverse were true best case scenario is one child every 9 months if the woman didn't die in child birth.

0|1
    0|0
  • why? nature dictates we seed as many fields as possible. love is only there for social strength and because our offspring are weak for many years requiring protection. monogamy goes against our wiring we do it however for social reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • The same reasons women do I guess.

1|2
    0|0
  • no! far from necessity. just my thoughts. not speaking for every guy world wide. but i believe. MOST men can't help them selves from temptation. we are built to be dominant. we have to have the best of the best. even in animal kingdom. there there's a dominat male. the ruler of all!! so when there is opportunity.. we pounce on it! literally! lol! like all kings! in man and nature we want are cake and eat it too. but dont get discouraged. because. eventually we do and will get to that timeto where we just wanna settle. not run with the pack no more. some men are earlier than others, and visa versa. But again!! this is my theory, and what ever y'all ladies go through. PLZ!! Dont hold every guy accountable for his dumb @$$!!! i hope this gives u the answer your looking for. good luck with the next one!! hold your head up!!

0|0
    0|0
  • It is, it's a cultural thing, fathers teach their sons to cheat, mothers teach their daughters to expect the cheat.

2|0
    0|2
  • the same reason women cheat

1|2
    0|0
  • We only cheat when our woman isn't doing her job of emptying our balls. And then it's not really even cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men cheat because naturally it is in their evolutionary dna, males have more partners because they are trying to reproduce and evolution just so happens to say that men are indeed like primates

1|0
    2|0
    • That's the ultimate copout for excusing bad behavior.
      We are not primates, we have a high functioning brain with a conscience. We are well aware of our actions and have a sense of right from wrong, even if it is learned through socialization.
      It's funny, how that excuse is only used when it justifies sexual activity, but in no other area.
      What you are basically saying, is that men are so weak, that they are powerless to stop themselves from acting out on their sexual urges. You are admitting, that they lack self control and discipline.
      They're just beasts, incapable of rational thought when it comes to sex and its in their nature to cave into it.

And to think, most of these guys think women are the weaker sex.

• It's not. It's totally up to the guy in that case. I've never cheated and I never will.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah because women don't cheat, right?

0|0
    0|0
  • No you just aren't attracted to men that don't so you've never experienced a relationship with one that doesn't. Its not rare.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ooooooo. :)

Not bad!

• @Browneye57 women cheat FAAAR more because they changed their mind they're moody and they often don't even know what they want. They also make all theor decisions based off how they "feel" about things and put their own happiness at the top of the priorities. "It may be wrong to cheat on my husband but I DESERVE to be happy "

• Yep, nailed it.
      They're very good at lying as well.

• When one party fails to meet the requirements of the other party, chances are they may start seeking another source who can actually meet those requirements, only difference being is if they can work the problem out and how long will they last. Applies to both males and females however.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys and girls both statistically cheat equally. Girls just hide it better. Guys cheat because they feel trapped usually, like they could have missed something and their never be able to experience that again. And women cheat because they are lonely.

0|0
    0|0
  • because we are heartless aliens

0|0
    1|0
  • It's necessary

0|1
    1|1
  • There are a lot of reasons why men cheat, the most common one is feeling unsatisfied emotionally or physically.

0|0
    0|0
  • no communication is key but sometime we prefer you do the simple things we want without having to asking others want the point. no body likes training people on how to be in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not every guy cheats. It depends on the person and circumstances

0|0
    0|0
  • I I find that happens when there is no communication and Trust in the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • not all of do and I would have to say is because the girl ain't doing enough for the partner or the guy loses interest and doesn't wanna be rude and tell the girl

0|0
    0|0
  • if they don't feel loved or want more sex or a prettier or dirtier one

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, it is impossible not too cheat 🤔

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• The majority of men do not cheat. Same with women.

People cheat for many different reasons so its hard just to pinpoint one main reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • The real question is why do 'people' cheat?

1|1
    0|0
  • Not all men cheats since they all have different morals and standards.

1|1
    0|0
  • its just a habit that they have , once a cheater is a cheater

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuckboysssss

1|0
    0|0
  • Because men are trash and North Korea should hurry up and send those missiles so all the men can diE

1|0
    1|2
  • Cause they're assholes

1|1
    1|2
Loading... ;