Why do guys say such hurtful things about you when you break up with them and they claimed to love you... ?

I've been with some amazing guys... or so I thought. Either I'd call things off for reasons that mattered to me, but not to them. Or they'd break up with me for no reason at all. They would promise to be my friend, or be there, because no matter what "they will always love me" but then, a couple weeks would pass... and I'm the backpage story, that my ex has created. I never truly understood it, but i'd like to so maybe it wouldn't hurt so bad.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• We don't get sad like girls. It's unexcusable but we get really angry because we are hurt. I said some very horrible things to my first ex because I was in a terrible place emotionally. I told my girlfriend that she was far and that I wish bad things happened to her. All of it I regret now ofc because it was immature af but it was my first break up and I never would of guessed that it would hurt that much. Gladly I didn't repeat the same mistakes with my 2nd ex but we broke up because she moved cities.

Most Helpful Girl

• He was mad you broke up with him. When my boyfriend broke up with me I said some hurtful things because he lead me on before we started talking. We were only dating for a month.

• I try my hardest to remain friends with all my exs, because I don't believe in pretending "us" didn't happen. I will sit there and trust them, so they can trust me. I believe that they came into my life for a reason, and that, through the bad, there was good. So I wish guys could kinda understand that.

• There's really no reason to remain friends unless there's a kid involved

What Guys Said 4

• because we are upset and don't really mean what we say. after we think about it we are extremely sorry we said it but pride is a hard thing for most guys to swallow and apologize, I hope this helps you outm

• Yeah maybe.. but its like they say one thing and their friends think that its the best thing in the world, and it just keeps going, and its like there's no remorse, no care for what we had.

• well friends know how we feel and are trying to make us feel better by hyping what we said up. put it this way if ur in a group of friends and a guy comes up to u and disrespects you then u turn around and completely obliterate him. ur friends are gonna be like woow he totally deserved that so u don't feel bad for it. the same thing goes for when we say something we don't mean we always feel bad about it and won't let u know thus pride pops up again. and we want to say sorry but all the friends telling us wateva and all that just keeps us from doing so. but trust me we don't mean it and want to apologize just don't want to swallow enough prude to do so.

• ok, yeah I get it then.

• Most guys prefer being angry to being sad, so we lash out at the person breaking up with us \/(°°)\/

• I understand that. But do they ever really think about how it hurts us?

• true it just sucks.

• It's a coping mechanism.

• may he really love you

• Love shouldn't work that way. He can't love me & then call me a controlling slut to his friends. thats not love,

• @kputnam12 When you're breaking up with someone you're telling them you dont love them anymore. And also yes, he definetly can

• Yeah, he "can" but its still not right.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!