Does my ex really want to be friends?

So long story short we brokeup over a year ago and at first she wouldn't respond to my texts or anything. Maybe a week ago I texted her to check up on her to see if she was doing okay. To my surprise she responded saying I'm doing okay I guess. When she said I guess it made me feel like she wasn't doing okay. But anyways we preceded to have a 3 hour conversation through text about how her life is going etc... a few days later I asked if we could talk on the phone but she denied saying that we would probably end up arguing like we use to. I tried to say I'm not like that anymore etc... but she didn't believe me of course. So I said why would you even want to be my friend if you think we are going to argue? She then bypassed that question with no response and said I want us to be friends but nothing more. That kinda boggled my mind a bit. She is also in a relationship. Actually the second relationship after she brokeup with another guy after our relationship. Anyways opinions are appreciated.
Does my ex really want to be friends?
Add Opinion