Why would he still want to be friends?

My ex dumped me cause he thinks it won't work out cause my mom doesn't approve (only cause dating is against her religion - I'm atheist and he knows) and that he's not perfect for me. He says he still loves me and I still love him. I asked if we can still be friends and he said ok. I asked if we can still hang as friends and he said ok. It makes no sense. ? I asked if he'd rather cut me off or be friends and he said "no I want to be friends."

Most Helpful Guy

• "he's not perfect for me" heh, classic, people should come up with somethnig new already. Anyway if he loved you, he would want to be with you. Being friends with him will only hurt you more because you still love him. Me personaly i would cut him off you will recover easily.

• Can you answer the W

• most of the time the one who wants to break up with someone is the one to offer "we can still be friends" because they think it won't hurt that much as total cut off break up. He just don't want to look like a complete asshole by offering you friendship that will probably won't last long.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Ugh.
    2. Does he have a guy in mind who he thinks would be perfect for you who is real, available, and wants to date you? If not, why does he think he gets to decide who is good enough for you rather than letting you decide?

• (No! Enter, not send!)
      My guess is he may still want to be with you but doesn't think he's worthy.

• Can you answer the q. Why does he want to be friends

What Guys Said 4

• He wants to be friends because he likes you and wants to spend time around you. Simple as that

• either #1 he still wants to hookup or #2 he hopes your mom will eventually chill out about it.

• Honestly you need cut him off from your life. Maybe it seems to be good at early stages but later it turns bad. it's good for you both to cut off for sometime.

• You have problems seek professional help

What Girls Said 1

• He wants to still be friends because he enjoyed the relationship. You mean a lot to him so he's not going to drop you because the relationship won't work