How to deal with a long distances break up?

I got out of a relationship a few months ago. But it's still pretty rough for me. I still love the guy, I really do, but it's just... hard. Unfortunately, we never got the chance to meet because of how much it would cost, plus he needed to renew his passport & I had to get one. Our relationship was a BDSM one, so it wasn't the normal boyfriend/girlfriend kind. Even though we couldn't meet just yet, we Skyped literally 24/7. & I do mean 24/7, we never ended the calls & if the call was to drop then we would quickly fix the problem & get back on Skype. It was just... perfect. Well, clearly not since we aren't together anymore... Anyways, so I have been trying to reach out to him to HOPEFULLY start over, you know, take one step at a time. Be friends again & the likes of that. The attempts have been... well, lots of trial & error. Although he did come back one day to talk, which I thought it was a positive step, but maybe not.. He said he still needs more time, which is totally fine, I mean, he didn't tell me that we are never going to talk again, just that he needs more time still... I guess I don't want to deal with this break up, but more so as to, what do you guys think? Do you know something that I can say to him to maybe get us talking again? Has this happened to you & were you able to talk to him again? If so, what did you do? & keep in mind, it was long distances, so I can't just up & go to his house. Or even text or call his cell phone. So, the only way I can send him something is through his Steam account by posting a comment on a screenshot of his. Not how I would like to do it, but I don't have any other way. Besides sending a letter, which is not the best because his mom could see it, since he still lives at home for the time being. So please, can you help in anyway to make me have a chance at talking to him again? & don't just tell me to move on, get it enough from my bestfriend, which is stupid because she can't even move on from her ex too.
How to deal with a long distances break up?
Add Opinion