How do you get rid of the negativity between you and your ex?

No cheating or anything happened. It was just a very messy breakup. We start working together soon so I'd like to make up with him before that and eventually become friends as I miss him a lot as a person...

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not push for a friendship. If that forms, it becomes too easy to rekindle feelings and start the problems all over again. As for working, you go to work to make money, not friends. So keep it professional and only talk to him about work related issues. Stay positive and keep your private and personal life to yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex boyfriend actually emotionally cheated on me. And we still manage to be civil and friends. We talked two weeks ago, and it has been almost two years. It was hard at first but we are adults, and we both made mistakes (we talk through our whole relationship "almost four years" some months after our break up).

What Guys Said 3

• That's not always possible. It might take a lot of emotional maturity from both sides to make it happen. Or you two can try break-up sex, that helps.

• We had post breakup sex :') After that I told him i'd be working on myself and earn my self respect back etc.

• Oh well in that case, I'm optimistic that you can talk it out with him

• As long as the skeletons from your breakup are dead. Just talk. That's about it. You just have to get used to talking to each other post-breakup. Animosity tends to clear itself.

• Sorry to say, but if the breakup was messy... tough shit. That mountain of negative is there to stay.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!