How long does it take you to recover from a break up and start a new relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I start trying again ASAP. Hold off on the physical initially. With me one in 20 women is compatable with me. Didn't like talking to 2 women at a time to give each one my full attention. Usually took me a year and a half to get into another relationship but I started the meeting process early.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• Depends how long you were in the relationship, how much attachment you had with the other person, what the nature of your break was, if you and your ex still believe there's a chance to get back together, who broke up with who, how many break ups you've had, how many new people you're seeing, how often you're seeing new people, how great this relationship was in comparison to your previous and how much self-worth you have. So it can range anywhere from less than a minute to several years or even never.

• I always get over them before I dump them, which takes literally 1 second. I have to look out for myself and I don't feel bad about that at all

• As soon as I die inside and bury my feelings deep within the depths of hell then Im ready to go 👍🏻

• Recovering from a break up and starting a new relationship are two entirely different things. Just because you've recovered doesn't mean you won't have to find months or even years to find someone new, assuming you have standards.

• shit I'm doing just fine 😂

• It all depends on how your relationship was, it could take a week, or it could take a few months.

• Depends on how things ended.

• about one third the time you were together in a relationship. IE: if you were together 3 years if may take a year for you to feel comfortable with a new partner. 6 years may take 2 years. A year might take 4 months, etc.

• It took me over year to get over my first girlfriend ( ex)

• Depends on how hardcore the relationship was I think. I dated a girl for 3 years and she left me 4 months ago. I still have vivid fucked up nightmares about her

• Nightmares? Damn that sucks. What happened

• One day... I wish you luck!

• Thanks same to you 😁

• Its still taken me two years since when I recovered from after my last relationship. today never brings love back when you need it.

• If it was short get over it. If it was long give it a year to recover beyond a bandaid fix

• 1hHaaha

• it depends, some can overcome in a day some can take days, months or years

• about a half of the time the relationship lasted

• Took me about a year to get over the only girl I've dated. I still think about her everyday, but not all the time. She was literally all I thought about for the first year after she left me, it was almost unhealthy.

• From a girlfriend... almost immediately

What Girls Said 2

• There is no timeline to recover from a break up. Grieve and feel the pain until it hurts no more. You would naturally feel it when you're really over it. It takes time to heal but you would eventually. 😊 Do not start a new relationship right away. Go out and have fun.

• The next day. I get right back into it