I'm in love with my girlfriend but she wants to be single cuz she's still has not gotten over her past, what should I do?

I've been a dating my girlfriend for the last 1 year, and I love her so much, our friends and family are content with us. We started out as friends in social media, we started texting and got to know each other well. Intially while opening with each other she told me about her past relationship and how she was in love with her ex. They had been together for 3 years and they had good memories and bad ones too and she told he how it didn't work out with him, how she was not treated well by him, she loved him dearly but he wasn't the same with her.. when the ex brokeup with her, she was shattered deeply and she eventually got her feet together by 2 years gap. And listening to her, made me feel shattered for her too. I was a friend to her and eventually as time went by I told her that i liked her and she also felt the same. We started dating, things were going fine.. we had fights and arguments just like any other relationship but then after getting into a relationship, as months go by she's not completely ready to be vulnerable, not ready to trust completely. I've been empathic and understanding her troubles and been supportive as much as I can. I've been a good guy, honest and loving but i felt she wasn't fully giving her all into it, she was always keen to avoid me talking about her ex, and how she used to keep me in the dark emotionally and that happened for months, now after a year of being in a relationship, she wants to be single/alone, she tells me she shouldn't have rushed things with me and she hasn't completely recovered from the hurt from her past relationship, she tells me she's over him but can't trust or love me with everything she's got.. she says she's unhappy. She wants me to wait for her till she finds herself back together, and she can't assure me whether she will be back together with me eventually even if i decide to wait. Please tell me what to do? Is waiting a good choice or letting her go, moving on?

21

What Girls Said 2

• I am very sorry you have to go through this. I truly am. Obviously you have been amazing and done your job great... she is still where she was two years ago, which is sad too. She should used her time recovering, but it seems like she hasn't at all. You should actually let her go. She needs it, you need it. Please don't wait for her, and stop your life for her. There might be someone there for you that would appreciate your love fully. While this transformation happens I still think you guys should be friends. But you defiantly need to let her go. She has a lot to figure out.

• If you asked your boss for a pay raise and he asked you to wait until he gets things in order, would you wait? Seems like she wants to give you what you desire, and she needs time for it to happen. Depends on how long your heart could wait would be my guess. Just like waiting on a raise from work, just don't lose your house while waiting.

What Guys Said 1

• Move on, cut contact.