When it comes to dating, will you leave your SO if he or she spirals downhill for whatever reason? Do you have a limit or will you just stay with them no matter what? Excluding domestic abuse and other crimes ofcourse. I expect my future wife to stay by my side no matter what.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If he truly is my significant other, then I would stay by his side. So no limits (except what you mentioned of course).

Too many people these days call their partners their "significant others" when they're really both their significant others. But if he truly is mine, then no matter what, I would stay with him.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This limit is path dependent and hence does not exist

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Define spiraling down? If he had lost his grip on holding himself down all together - his outlook on our relationship (questioning my love/trust...), his drive for himself (e. g.. work/school, keeping fit and healthy...), how he views himself (constantly belittling himself/putting himself in uncontrollable circumstances that make me feel uneasy...) for over a period of more than about 2 months, I'd be concerned in the direction our relationship is headed if I tried my best in getting himself back together but he isn't taking my help. When I feel we've fallen out of love, that's where I probably draw the line.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm I disagree with you here. I think you should stick with your mate no matter what.

• Show All
    • As I've mentioned, depending on how far into the relationship I am, I understand insecurities and anxiety from diffrent life situations can arise. But if our relationship has taken it's toll to where his anxiety has gone overboard and taken it's course on our love, and he himself isn't doung anything to imprive his state... I can stay to help him as much as I can. But in all honesty, I much prefer a significant other who is more strong and stable as my life and career isn't exactly light paced.

• Hmmm ok I understand your view.

• I'd stay with him as long as he remembered to treat me well. Spiraling downhill isn't a reason to treat others badly, you can still control your behavior. I had a guy friend who basically came crashing down and I didn't have a problem sticking by him through it but then he started treating me like crap and that's where I drew the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you love someone, stick with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stand by my man.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

Loading... ;