Is it ever okay to ghost someone?

My boyfriend and I have only been together for a few months but it already feels draining to me. He just got divorced and his ex wife got everything so he's been through a lot. And on top of that, we're long distance so it's not like I'm physically there to make him feel better. But it's gotten to the point where he calls me all the time. He once called me eight times and it wasn't even 11 AM yet! He's become super clingy where he won't even let me get off the phone with him. I'll say "Hey babe, I gotta go do [insert activity]" and he'll be like "Why? Can't you stay on the phone? Do you even love me?" It's clear to both me and his family that he's not happy about where his life is, but he's handling it all wrong. He's been acting really irresponsible lately to the point where even his mom said she can't handle it. It would kinda be okay if he was younger but he just turned 36 so it's just embarrassing. I'm sure I want to end things and I think ghosting him would be the best idea seeing as he's unstable.

48

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand if you don't want to deal with all the stuff he is going to say and do when you try to break up with him but you at least owe him an explanation so send him a nice long detailed message and as soon as you see it was sent block him on your phone and anywhere else he knows about that way he knows it's over and why and you don't have to deal with the aftermath

Most Helpful Girl

• Your suppose to support him period even if that means pushing him to do better !! He's at a point in his life where he's down he doesn't need to be in a relationship with anybody but him self !!!

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah I would just ghost him. I mean its long distance anyways... So that makes it easier... Clingyness is annoying... So I would ghost him if u really want to.

• He became so clingy because what happened. Try to explain him, and make him understand that you don't like this attitude.

• It's not wise to ghost him, ghosting is okay when you don't really know the person, give him the respect every human deserves and end things.

If he is that clingy when he can't find you for a while he might think you died which will crush him or something similar.

• why not just call it a day, this reads all negative

• It's definitely not polite.

• Say that you're breaking up.

• No dont ghost him as he has already gone through so much, losing you might make him even worse.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't ghost him just let him know it's over!

• Sometimes it's necessary.

• If he's unstable it's not YOUR issue. Dump him, bro.