Do you find it hard to get rid of things pertaining to your ex? Ex: pictures, cards, gifts, etc?

My ex and I haven't been broken up that long and it was a mutual agreement to break up. We still talk every now and then but I still have no intentions in getting back with him.
Even with me not wanting a relationship in the future, why is it still hard to delete pics from my phone or get rid of anything that has to do with him?
Has anyone else ever been through a similar situation? If so, how'd you deal?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Instead of thinking of them as reminders pick a gift or object as a souvenir, I don't keep them because they remember me of them I keep them as a reminder of what I did wrong or what they do wrong and why it didn't go well. It's like a souvenir and remembers me of what went wrong and how you can improve the next time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It was actually easier for me a month or two after the breakup because that was when I started to realize how awful he was as a person. I threw away the things he gave me with pride and deleted all photos as a way of saying "I'm done with you. You suck." We had a mutual breakup but I realized how much of a jerk he is. I think it's easier when you despise them. But when I was in the phase where I still liked him, it was painful for me to do. I only deleted a few and kept some at the time. But now they are all gone!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I haven't deleted pictures of my ex (the relationship ending pretty badly lol) simply bc they were good memories and even though we've broken up it doesn't change the fact that I had fun when those pictures were taken and I don't want to loose memory of that time

• Not at all. I find it very easy