How do I distance myself from my ex without being mean?

We remained "friends" (so we could be in good terms and not hate each other. I agreed cuz he has my nudes lol), but I kinda don't like him. He talks sexual and flirts 24/7 whenever he texts and I reply to be polite, but he talks so sexual with me. I told him I just want to be FRIENDS but he still goes off on how I'm sexy and stuff at times. I don't want to block him cuz I feel mean.. But is that the only way to distance myself from him? He even got me a present for my bday and he wants to see me. I just think he wants to have sex but I told him I don't want to go any further than friends with him (I used to be super sexual with him and dirty talked 24/7 when we dated). What do I do? I told him I don't want to date anymore in general too (only to see if he would back off) but he said when I'm ready to date he will be waiting. I don't like being mean to him.. But ugh he has this idea that I still want his dick even tho I don't talk sexual with him anymore and I'm trying to be friends

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not friends with my exes afterwards anyway, but sometimes you can't just go to being friends. He seems to have a tough time adjusting. Mean or not time to cut the cord with him. If you don't want to block him then ignore him or wait days to reply and then reply with a word or two. He will get the hint.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let him know to stop talking to in a sexual way. Then if he keeps doing it, stop answering his calls or texts. You have to put your foot down and mean what you say or else he will keep doing it.

• Thank you. I just feel really bad being mean like I'm too nice and he knows this but he clearly isn't respecting me so that's just what I'm going to have to do. I fear that he would get mad and use my nudes against me though which is why I'm being his friend. Should I still see him to get my bday present tho? Because he told me he already bought it

What Guys Said 1

• If you want to move on you should Leave him and give it space between you two

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!