Should I believe my husband?

So last nigh my husband was opening up to me about my mother and the way she is treating us and our son. He told me that more than once my mother tried to touch his private parts, he said he tried to tell me in the past and i told him to stop telling lies and the other times she did it he didn't tell me because she's my mother and he didn't want to start an argument. i don't know if i should believe him or not i am very confused and now I'm paranoid thinking if they had an affair and i didn't know i just don't think my mother would do this she never gave off the vibes that she would do something like this... not to mention my mother has made some remarks to me when i was a child that id she was my age she could steal my boyfriends.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• what does your husband get from lying to you about it? I can't see any reason to lie about something like that

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless he has a reason to lie, then I'd believe him.

What Guys Said 5

• He's your husband. If you married him, surely you trust him, especially when there's nothing he could gain from lying.

• Why would he lie about that?
    You should be able to tell whether your husband is being sincere or not.

• He has no reason to lie sis. Like what does he gain from this?

• Yess

• if you have experienced this before then i think you should trust your husband...

• she never did this before but she has made very weird comments to me as a child about men

• see you know your mother more than us... just think what your husband is saying then decide by yourself

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should believe him. I don't think he would have a reason to lie about this