Wanting advice/opinions on my break up please, would like to know if I'm coping in the right way?

Here is a bit about my situation. I'm 26 female and my ex is 36. We've been together for 3 and a half years and lived together for over 2 years. We had a very happy relationship (or so I thought) and had minimal arguments, only disagreeing on trivial stuff. He has a very busy life especially in the summer as he plays a lot of sport. This didn't bother me too much as I agree it's good to have your own hobbies and space. So about 5 weeks ago he ended it with me out of the blue. He said he's been unhappy for months but when I questioned what he was unhappy about he said he couldn't explain it. We met 2 times since at the park with our dog and it was lovely and reminded me of our really happy times. He kept saying he was really confused and didn't know if he wanted to be with me or not. So 3 weeks went by and he still didn't know what he wanted to do. I told him I couldn't keep waiting as it was affecting my whole life, I wasn't eating, sleeping etc and constantly waiting for texts. He agreed and the relationship was over. A few days later I went to pick my stuff up from his whilst he was out and he left me a letter saying how amazing I was, how he loves me so much but he just wasn't happy and that I'll find someone who is able to commit more time to me. I appreciated the letter but didn't reply as I had nothing to say and since then we've had no contact: that was 18 days ago. Yesterday he contacted my cousin to say happy birthday to her, even though on our last conversation on the phone he told me to get all my friends to delete him off Facebook as he doesn't want to see pictures of me with other men. I told him he should be the one to delete my friends as this is all his decision. I'm trying to get in with my life by doing no contact and not thinking too much about him. I've deleted all my social media too. All my friends and family have said it sounds like he's going through a mid life crisis and will regret it. Any opinions? Peace and love X
3
0