I am lost in my circle of friends after breakup?

My Ex got together with someone in my circle so I see them very often, now I get sad and depressed everytime I want to something with my friends. In addition i developed feelings for my best friend who has been that for 4 years now. But she has a boyfriend so I can't talk about everything with her. This is going on now for about 1,5 years and I lose more and more confidence and fun in life everyday. It doesn't seem to get better anytime soon. (eng not native) Don't know what to anymore.

11

What Girls Said 1

• my advice is to leave your circle of friends for a while. try finding a new hobby etc so you can meet new fun people. It will be lonely at first and you might feel like you are missing out on things in your circle but it becomes fun and can have lots of new experiences. You will always have some ties to your original group but a new friend will help get you out of the circle drama and give you new perspective. Those groups feel like the drama going on is the whole world but there is so much more outside when you stop living in each others pockets. the friend you are into may also like the new fun-loving you. Be happy with yourself first, the rest will follow.

What Guys Said 1

• When I split with my last ex, the place we met at was our usual dinner & cocktails neighborhood place. I had 1 solid friend and his wife there. All the rest of the 500 or so people we knew were aquaintences. I told her I wasn't going their anymore & I haven't.