How do you get over a breakup?

Regardless of how it went, messy or clean, good or bad, how do you move forward after being broken up with?

818

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had a messy one so I don't know how well I can speak towards it. I've been on good terms with my mer ever since our breakup, and she remains one of my best friends. (I don't like using the term exe since there are so many negative connotations that go with it) I don't know how I'd deal with a messy relationship, though, to be honest, I think I'd want to stay in touch. Even if we're not romantically involved, there was likely a time when we really loved each other, and I doubt I'd just stop caring about her. If possible I'd like to mend the relationship, at least to the point where we could continue being friends. If not I'd probably pray and read my Bible. I find that to be very encouraging to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Time and lots of time. This is the part people struggle with the most. They want a quick fix but there is none. You have to give it time. That will make it hurt less and less. Also distance. You should no longer talk to them, see them, online stalk them etc. You have to decide to put them behind you and accept it is over and that they are not coming back.

What Guys Said 17

• If you don't really love someone then time will heal you. If you did really love them then nothing will make you forget them or let them go. You will have to just accept the fact that they're gone and/or don't love you anymore and learn to live with the wound.

• One day at a time. Focus on just being awesome.

• Everyone is different. For me it was just time. My wife and I separated 3 years ago now. Nobodies fault, we just grew apart. But when my friends started suggesting to get back out there, I stopped myself. Seeing that I would still have to re-live that through, moving out, separation agreement, and finally divorce. I felt it was best until I had dealt with that first. Feeling I couldn't give another person my whole heart. That to me wouldn't have be fair.

• Time. It's the only real way.

• By dating new people

• ice cream lots and lots of ice cream

• If there's any TRUE close friend you have he will help you a lot no matter what it takes

• How to get over a breakup? Just keep your mind busy with meeting new friends , go to the local library, go to the local mall.

• Go MGTOW, has been working for me ever since the last 5 years, I haven't been with a woman since. No dates no nothing. Ever since I found out what MGTOW was and meant, my life has been really fucking great since my divorce. The way I look at it, I was never good enough for and I won't be good enough for any one else in the future. I've kept to that code and I haven't been hurt since.

• Just write how I feel about her. I also listen to music, but I always end up sad and remembering her again.

Brody Dalle took me out from a bad break up. But as I said, her rough and desperate voice brought me lots of memories.

Check her on the internet, she's the singer from The Distillers.

• I take the time to move on. I avoid the other person.

• no clue, currently going through one as well. I just live life, what else to do?

• hangout with friends and just do stuff to avoid just sitting and thinking about it

• date someone else

• Why would you want to do something as ridiculous as that?
    Let it fester, and let the anger consume you.
    Women are stupid.

• I find a new hole to stick my dick in

What Girls Said 7

• Everyone says it but it's true, time teaches you to be ok with it you go through loads of different phases from denial to acceptance.. but you have to really try to do things that please you

• In time you it will heal, it's not going to be easy and it may take a while but you Will, you'll get there. Help yourself along by keeping yourself constantly busy whether its working, socialising with friends etc. Dont always be on your own also confide in a good loyal friends. Talking will help. You may love that person but they'll just always be in your heart. No matter how hard it is to bare some people just arnt right for each other.

• Fill your mind with other unrelated activities to such an extent that there is no room in your brain or time in your day to think about the ex. It works.

• Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard. Just drink it off. lol

• Time can only tell you, but if you don't hear? It...,? you may miss it

• Search the EX RECOVERY SYSTEM on google. You'll thank me later

• I don't. I just go with the flow and hope it gets better.

• Give it time. You'll be fine