How Long Should You Wait Before Contacting Your Ex?

My girlfriend and I stopped talking a week ago because I came on too strong and was a bit clingy. I am not over her yet, and am hoping to win her back by waiting until the emotions settle, then contacting her casually. How long should I wait before I do so?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• So you're saying that you two have only been broken up for a week? It's going to be a lot longer than that before you want to contact her again.

I honestly wouldn't reccomend it. She's in the past for a reason.

And with it being a week since y'all broke up (I'm just assuming that's how long ago y'all did) then of course you're not going to be over her. No one is ever over their ex in that short amount of time.

But maybe you will be in a few months time. Everyone's different.

But if you're set on contacting her, then put it off for at least six months.

No reply? Un easy answer? It's just time to move on.

What Girls Said 2

• hunnie she is in the past for a reason...

• Be prepared for her to not want to continue things. But I would give it at least 2 weeks

What Guys Said 2

• Never contact her again... She has already made her decision about you. Start dating other women out there and learn from the "mistakes" you made. Even if you see her don't say a thing to her, no smiling, no frowning, nothing. She shouldn't exist to you anymore...

• 7 months, talk to her then and act like you're the greatest one ever, and you've had so many girls since then and don't flirt, don't even act that's a woman you're talking to. Do this perfectly and you'll feel so great like you never had a breakup before.