Mending a broken heart?

I had to walk away from someone I really love and care about and I feel empty. I really want to text him and work it out, but I know I need to stand my ground and it's so hard.
Any helpful positive things to help me anything please πŸ˜žπŸ˜”πŸ˜’

Most Helpful Guy

• Just remember that if you won't do the best by yourself then how can you expect anyone else to do good by you? If you know that someone is bad for you and you keep on going back then it stops being abuse and starts being self harm. Nobody said that doing the right thing will always be easy. However, the long term reward will be far greater than the short term high of giving in which is inevitably followed by the shit storm of a low that follows.

Sticking to integrity and self respect will enable you to heal much quicker and will leave less damage behind.

Most Helpful Girl

• Walking away from someone you love is one of the hardest things you can do, especially if they don't run after you. When we break up with someone, the one thing we feel is completely empty and lost and I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this feeling right now. I have been in a similar situation myself recently and it is heartbreaking, so I do relate to exactly how you are feeling. That feeling of wanting to text him and work things out, is a normal reaction, especially for us girls, and when we break up with someone, the hardest thing to do is forget them. When you feel like you want to do this, next time, distract yourself. When I have felt like this, I have text a friend instead, or I've sat down and told my mum how I am feeling and what I want to text, and then I forget about wanting to text him, and I keep doing that and realise that I can do it and I don't need to text him, if that makes sense? I also finds it helps if you write your feelings in a letter, addressed to him but don't actually send it. Write down everything that you would maybe want to say to him and then just save it. Do this until you are feeling better but please don't let this feeling eat you up inside. That is the worst thing you can do. Things will get better and you never know, in the future you might be able to actually sit down and talk it through together, start off slow again and see what happens. But for now, focus on you, make yourself feel like you again and sometimes no contact can actually make the heart grow fonder, having said that, it's not always the case. So make sure you are looking after yourself for you sake. Things will work out in the end, exactly how they are meant to!
    Good Luck, hope it all works out for you and Keep Smiling :)

• I'm failing at this task. I texted him a very very very long message about how I feel yesterday, today I found out that he was sleeping with another girl and apparently they "had a connection" and I texted him about it and called his mother a hoe as well and still no reply. I feel like I need to have a mature conversation with him and stop the childish insults and slandering him because it won't help anything.

• Oh lovely, I honestly do feel your pain, I really do. You have done this and walked away from him for you own sake because you felt like it's what he wanted but it wasn't what you wanted, you wanted to see if he cared enough to fight for it. The comments you've made are because you are hurt, upset and angry, we all say and do silly things when we are upset. As much as he means to you and as much as you want to work things out, you really do need to concentrate on yourself. I have had experiences with people I know that when the concentrate on themselves, and the guy/girl can see that, they come back, because absence makes the heart grow fonder. Never think of yourself as the rebound, he obviously took a liking to you in some way, otherwise he wouldn't have been with you. Try talking to him if you have no connection with him family, if you are blocked, then it is his loss honey because you sound like you deserve better, someone who is going to treat you how you deserve to be treated!

• Lol well I texted him on Snapchat and he didn't even open it or add me back, I know he will eventually when he sees that I'm really done and then he will text me trying to fix things but hopefully I will be strong enough to say "not today Satan"

What Guys Said 4

• Get distraction. Do stuff with friends, talk to others, etc. The worst thing you can do is think too much about it... It will make you feel shit. If you're busy going out with friends, with work and other stuff it will be much easier to move on.

• You need time to move on. Concentrate on everything you have going on. β˜ΊοΈπŸ’•

• I will surely be glad to help you Jessica. I would like to hear what you have to say.

• I'm still going through the same thing. And we're both so darn stubborn neither of us will ever give in.

What Girls Said 2

• Eat glue, kidding, time is the master of everything, just find a way to make it go faster.

• Why did y'all break up? If you don't mind me asking

• We were never together, but I felt that I was working to keep the relationship going and that he didn't care at all

• I'm not sure if he replied or not bc right after I blocked him then I unblocked him later so whatever he said I didn't see but thanks

• You deserve so much more. Remember your worth.