Girls - If you kept in contact with an ex, why do you overreact to things he says?

I am curious because one day my ex got mad at me for simply saying I have to get going, yeah it was a bit harsh in the way I did say it. But then got mad at me again latter that day for suggesting for her to do something one way. Then she said "I HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT, why do you think I wouldn't have thought out that, you make me feel like a fool". I just am starting to get on a short with her and well did say "Why the heck can't you accept me for who I am, why can't you just stop arguing with me". Then our convo went friendly again and acted like nothing happened. We have been broken up for 6 months, and has a new boy friend.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• She definitely still cares for you. You have to remind her that she has a boyfriend somehow in a gentle way. If my ex-boyfriend did that to me, I'd so be a goner. You are a nice guy to still put up with that and maybe things aren't going to well with her boyfriend and maybe she is creeping back? Just a thought...

• So she bitches at me and tells me what's wrong with me? That does not make any sense, I have tired my best to put up with it. How does that show that she still cares about me? She also admits to talking to her mother about me, now I am not sure how much she talks to her mother about me but I know I am still a topic of debate (mostly negative from what I gather).

What Girls Said 2

• Theres probably still feelings there...

• This is a good reason why some ex's should cut off contact entirely.

What Guys Said 1

• The bigger question is why do you put up with it? She's not your girlfriend anymore... she has another boyfriend... it's been 6 months...

Sure it's nice to be polite, but if she's going to act that way why even bother with her anymore?