Legal advice (did they violate our contract)?

i signed up for a gym membership in Ontario and there is a 100 dollar cancellation fee. However they signed me up for a premium membership, which the contract shows I did not sign up for. the downgraded my membership to normal and issued a refund. so did this void our contract and let me off without paying this fee?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not. If they refused to correct the problem/refund you then you would have grounds to terminate the contract on fraud. But since they corrected the problem I'm not sure you can have them waive the terms of the contract.

Lesson for the future, don't sign a contract if you're not prepared to honour it.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• If it was an honest mistake, and they refunded you the difference, then there is no harm done. If they had refused to refund you then they would have voided it though. Sounds like you still gotta pay for the gym.

• No it does not. I don't know if your gym has this but a gym I went to if you moved more than 25 miles away and showed proof you could cancel with no fees. I never did but people would forward a letter to a relative then bring it in. So it looks like they moved.