What are some things that help you get over breakups?

My ex and I just broke up a few days ago and I'm having a really hard time getting over it. I've had quite a few breakups before but this one especially hurts. I was just curious what some of you guys do to help get over your breakups.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• there are few things that you should know and take em seriously
    first one is never go around rebound relationships NEVER!!
    second one is the hardest... give it time, a good long time, double as long as you've been together...
    shit i can't remember the other ones...
    and hey its not just you, its almost all of us, we've all been there, thats life
    be strong.

Most Helpful Girl

• Break ups really are one of the hardest things to go through for a person, and they never get easier for some. I am going through a similar situation myself, so I know exactly what you're feeling right now. I would say one of the best things to do when you are going through a breakup is to do something you love. It is hard because some people feel like they don't want to get up and be happy, but doing something you love, will help you even if just for a day. Maybe you like hanging out with friends, reading your favourite book, or watching a good film/tv series. Listening to music is a good one too! I always find that talking to someone helps me.
    Always remember to take care of yourself though. Obviously I don't know the story but whoever broke up with who, is it always best after a break up to take care of yourself!
    Good Luck & Hope this helps a little :)

What Guys Said 3

• i just take sometimes to take care of me trying new thing, playing investing myself in some hobbies i try to discover new side of myself

• Erase the things that makes you think. about him and distract yourself by watching. a movie or playing a game etc.

• talking to friends or gaming and listening to music basically just having a good time

What Girls Said 1

• It's hard. My ex broke up with me about 2 weeks ago and it's been hard. I cried a couple of minutes ago. Time they say time will help. I erased everything that reminded me of him pictures, texts. That helps me forget about him and they I start thinking of the bad things which there weren't many but it helps.

• Break ups are always hard overtime you'll hurt less and less. I'm still hurting and it would have been only 4 months but it still hurts so much so I understand what you're going through

• Ah yeah. Thank you for the advice, I hope things get better for you.

• I hope so too thank you and for you as well :)