How long before I need to quit crying over my girlfriend breaking up with me?

My girlfriend broke up with me 3 days ago and she's just constantly on my mind and my heart just hurts and I cry over her. Am I being pathetic? I love her and it just hurts when she told me that she lost feelings for me and she had to force herself to text and see me.

20

What Girls Said 2

• Never think that you are being pathetic because feelings aren't pathetic, this is a hard time that you are going through and I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Break ups are always difficult, and as upsetting as it is, they never get any easier. It is still raw, 3 days isn't long at all and it is completely normal for you to be feeling hurt and wanting to cry all the time. And I promise you, it is okay to cry, sometimes it makes you feel better even to just cry and let it all out. It always helps me to talk to someone, someone close to me or even just someone on something like this website. People who can understand you and relate to where you're coming from, the hurt you're feeling and to help you a little. It is always hard to hear when someone does not feel the same about you anymore, that is the worst feeling in the world and I am sorry. But when you find yourself thinking about her, maybe write down how you're feeling, write down your thoughts and feelings, let them all out, it is only you that is going to see them. Or even write her a letter, but don't send it to her, just write down everything you would want to say to her and keep it to yourself. That way you're expressing how you're feeling and sometimes that can help. The crying will ease up after a while, I am in the same boat as yourself and it has been a week for me and I don't feel like I want to cry everyday, sometimes I have the odd day when I feel off but I don't always want to cry, but remember it is okay to cry, and it is okay to cry when speaking to someone about is as well. There is always someone there for you, these things get better, and you never know what tomorrow might bring.
    Good Luck, Hope things work out for you & Keep Smiling :)

• Let me know if you need anyone to talk to. I'm in a boat where after 5 years my fiancee up and disappears off the face of the earth.

What Guys Said 0