Best possible ways to get over an ex?

Sick for dreaming about him, sick of comparing myself to his ex's and other girls he knows. I want my life back, instead of feeling shit everytime I'm at home I wanna feel good and stop caring about other girls he liked in the past and comparing them to myself. Tips?

1320

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate to you so much on this one, and going through a break up is so hard, and believe me they never get any easier. You dream about him because he is constantly on your mind and something that you may want back into your life. The worst feeling is waking up in the morning and remembering that you are no longer together, but when you feel like that, just remember that today is a new day and you don't know what it might bring. You will always have your good days and you bad days. You are your own person as well, and you have your own individuality, so please try not to compare yourself to anyone else. Always remember that you are good enough, and you are pretty enough. You still have your life, somewhere inside, your life is still there, you need to just ease into ways of distracting yourself and taking him from your mind. You could maybe hang out with some friends, watch you favourite TV series or even listen to some music (but nothing that will remind you of him). When you're at home alone, don't sit and think about it, that is the worst thing you can do. One thing I will advice is, if you feel you want to express yourself about how you're feeling, maybe towards him or just in general, write your feelings down. Maybe in a message or a letter (if you would prefer to hand write it) and say everything you need to, and then don't send it. It will make you feel so much better to have written your feelings down, completely truthful for nobody else to see but you. Also, talking to someone about how your feeling always helps
    Good Luck & Keep Smiling

What Guys Said 19

• you don't need to compare yourself, you're beautiful in your own right. you're comparing yourself to other beauties most likely. it'd be one thing if your looks were poor, but you can only nitpick when you look as good as you do. you can get almost any guy you want. keep your personality nice and date someone just a nice. things will change quickly.

• I put my ex wife in a canoe full of kindling, pushed her out onto a lake and lit my arrow...

Just kidding!

• go on a trip with some friends and enjoy your time fully that will helps a lot

• only real tip i can think of is to stay away from his and his exs social media. go out and hang with your friends and try to meet some new people

• find a new friend

• There really isn't any good way to get over an ex. Sorry, but it's true. The only thing that heals is time. The best things to do to help speed up that process slightly is religion (prayer especially), calming music, meditation, and keeping yourself busy. Even then, if you're anything like me, it's going to be a long time--especially if you loved them. Honestly, you might never fully-heal from that wound; the best you might be able to hope for is a deep scar.

It might not be the answer you wanted, but it's the truth.

• To get over an ex in the past, and help each other move on from our toxic on and off again relationship, I moved two provinces away.
    You are forced to move on, forget, and live a different life.
    I still think of her time to time, but it is a power method.
    I would have to say unconventional to most people though.

• Many ways, avoid talking to them.

Time is a good way to move on from someone.

Know you're worth.

Stay true to yourself.

Take the relationship as a life lesson.

You are capable of moving on.

• You've given up power over your own feelings to someone else. Don't do that.

• just go and open up Ur soul with him soon before things go bad

• Find some kind of hobby and hang out with your friends. Just occupy your mind with something else.

Or.. listen to Frozen theme song.

• its hard allright...
    time... just give it more time...

• Get back with him

• Ya. Just go out with friends. Use tinder. Make some new friends. Because there will be someone waiting for you

• quit obsessing over them

• fuck someone else?

• It depends if it was short term you will get over, if its Long term I highly doubt it don't worry I have to deal with an ex, unfortunately I have to hold her accountable, she gets one more chance when I get there

• Also people are whores so they will just say move on, cause they never cared in the first place

• Have as much sex as you can with as many different guys as you can find. You will soon forget all about the ex.

• Meet other men, then you'll realize that he isn't so perfect and that you can attract better people. I'm going through the same thing with a girl, so I'm trying to meet other girls to help it.

What Girls Said 12

• Think about you and what you want out of life, work on your projects/goals and getting what you want from life.

Don't use the dating sites or "fuck someone else" until you're ready chancesare it could leave you feeling worse. Spending time by yourself can be a good thing allocate a time to be sad and think about him whether this be a few days solid for a short period or an hour a day where you just sit/lay and think about him then try erase him from your thoughts the rest of the time if you have a thinking time this might help control your thoughts.

Stop comparing yourself to other women! You are who you are if you hate something about yourself work on it as part of the focus on you thing.

Block him completely and go no contact

• Join a dating site... just join do not date or meet anyone

It will give you an ego boost people to chat to you'll find lots of broken hearted men on there and some share stories... then when ready get back out to date but don't date anyone from dating sites though unless you trust your gut instinct

• Find your value. What makes you a good person. What is your worth. Not to other people or what you can do for others. To yourself. Then ask yourself, what do you need to be happy?

• look at yourself in the mirror. what do you see? do you like what you see? if you don't want to look like a raccoon with mascara smeared all over your beautiful face, then wipe your face clean and see the beauty buried underneath all the hurt. getting over someone we love and care for so deeply and shared something with them is one of the hardest things to do. love yourself and never ever compare yourself to the other girls he dated or will date. you are you and you will meet someone who will appreciate and love what your ex didn't. get a new hair style - when a girl dyes her hair or gets a new hair cut, she is ready to face the world and that boy will now be a distant memory. go shopping with your girl friends or your mom, go party and meet new people. keep yourself busy. when you busy, your mind will be racing. you might still think of him, but not as much anymore since you got a life now. girl, i was able to get over a boy who i thought i will never ever get over after he cheated on me, so will you. all the best <3

• I've been in the same situation with my ex. We were still in contact so that made it harder. I just blocked him from everything and over time it got better. I don't put any effort into men now. All I want to do is work and make money. The expression time heals all wounds is definitely true. Years from now you won't even remember his last name. Good luck sweetie ❤️

• Hi, sorry to hear you feel miserable. Believe it or not this os the first step to geeling better though. If you have interests like hobbies i would totally focus on these or would find one to keep my mind occupied with positive thoughts. Fittness classes like high intensity are usually great for letting it all out and getting fittet at the same time. Making new friends helps, but before you do make sure you feel better otherwise you might attract more missery to your life. All the best

• Fill your body and mind with so much stuff that there's no room in your brain or time in your day to dwell. It just requires you to take a step forward though. Whether it's a new hobby or school interest, a workout goal, a new job or a project at your current job. Whatever your life is currently, add to it.

• The best tip I can offer is to be busy. Find different things to do in order to fill your schedule. Maybe pick up an old hobby. Or spend time with some friends. Of course, you'll still think about them from time to time. There's no escaping that. But the worse thing you can do is to not let those thoughts flow. It'll just make you think about them even more. Eventually, time will pass by and you'll stop thinking about him less and less. But in the meantime just keep yourself busy with things you like to do.

• Date someone else

• How long were you with him and how long ago did you break up?

• Knowing that it didn't work out

• Find someone new and everything will be okay