Does he really not love me anymore, or could he be wrong?

So we met each other like 10 months ago, and from that day on, he was interested in me a lot. I saw him like a friend at first, and I was afraid I would have to reject him and lose a friend. But he didn't rush anything, he waited for a couple of months until I actually started to see him that way. He was incredibly mature and patient for his age (he is 3.5 years younger than me) which made me fall for him slowly and than all at once. We had the best chemistry and the cutest relationship until he cheated on me. Even though it was devastating, I was able to forgive him, however, he told me he didn't love me anymore, but her. I was pretty sure that wasn't the case, because he never had something like that before, and love doesn't fade away so fast, right? He eventually realized that he was confused, but he still wasn't sure, he told. So we've been in stand-by for a while, since it is practically impossible for us not to see each other, i. e. we do everything we used to do, we're a de-facto couple, he just claims he doesn't feel the same way anymore, even though he often wants to do stuff with me himself. And recently, he told me he wanted to move on, but eventually agreed to take a break for a couple of months. Which brings us to today. So my questions are more about what he actually may be going through, because he is young and has never been in a relationship before: 1- What if he still loves me and just lost the first months' spark and doesn't notice? Could that be possible? 2- Do you think taking a step back may help us? 3- In case he actually lost it, do you think there is still hope? I know it sounds quite desperate, but my gut tells me he is the one, so I'm willing to fix it as much as I can, even with next to no help from him, because I believe he might have the fright of the first serious relationship and could eventually see what I see in the future. Any help would be appreciated!

01

What Guys Said 1

• In my opinion it's just a lost spark, by these days many people are too lazy to attempt to find it again (and never do).

What Girls Said 0