Still have photos of her?

So me and my ex have been broken up about 10 months ago, is it wired that I still have heaps of photos of her/ us (and our daughter) on my phone? Like some "family" ones I want to keep but just selfies of her? Should I delete them?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not weird at all, she sounds like she was a big part of your life and I am sorry to hear that you broke up. Sometimes (if we can handle looking back at them and it doesn't hurt too much), we like to keep the memories we have of our loved ones. You two were a little 'family' and one point so it is nice to be able to keep those photos of you, her and your child. Having selfies of your ex is pretty much a normal thing also, she is the mother of your child and you spent a lot of time together (I'm assuming), you could mean that you maybe still hold feelings for her? You will always care for her because, like I said, she is the mother of your child, but also, if you're not able to delete them in yourself, you may find that you still hold some feelings for her that you can't seem to get rid of. If you feel you want to delete them, that is absolutely fine but don't delete photos of your past just because you think it is the 'right thing to do', do what makes you happiest!

Most Helpful Guy

• i see nothing wrong with keeping photos of your ex.. it may have ended badly but nothing can change the enjoyment and happiness that was felt when those pictures were taken.. cherish your memories and your past together.. don't dwell on how it ended

What Girls Said 2

• You can keep them. I kept all the ones of my exes. Those were good memories

• No keep them, they're family photos. Your daugher is going to want to know about you when she's older.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!