Is it time to move on?

I have been w my husband for 3 years we have 1 child together, but last night we got into a big fight because he was going through my phone and seen my Facebook memories of things that were before him, everytime we have a big fight he calls me a b**** & h** he even pushed me hard into the basket of clothes last night that has been the 3rd time he's done that, I didn't even touch him, I have hit him on his bk before but that's because he was calling me disrespectful names he hasn't always been this way, but I think it's time to move on we have been down the road before he even took my phone away from me after our fight? Even tho I work to? I don't know what to do about this situation.

29

Most Helpful Guy

• you have to talk to him as truthfully and honestly as possible so he knows exactly how you feel. then he has no excuse to not make a change as he's fully aware of the poor state the marriage is in (maybe this is obvious but doing this step 100% rules out "not knowing" you felt this bad etc). if he doesn't begin to change and show that it's a lasting change, then it shows it's not going to work. i personally think it's best to exhaust all options at trying to fix a marriage before quitting. but you don't want it to drag out forever either. of course you should be thinking of your child too and what is best for them. it goes without saying he's not treating you well in these circumstances of your past popping up.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's old why is he complaining?

What Guys Said 8

• i feel like you should both sit down and discuss how you guys can fix things. the first step to be setting the rule that physical violence or action against each other in malicious ways is 100% unacceptable and this applies to both of you.

because you have a child i would say you should exhaust all possible methods of reconciliation and fixing the relationship before ending it

• He does seem abusive, maybe hurt in some way. I'm not all for people giving up so easily, so why don't you talk to him and maybe find some solutions. Sit down with him and tell him you're not talking or seeing anyone behind his back so he doesn't have to keep on taking your phone or going through your Facebook account. What he is doing is worrying and might be bothered by your past. Don't give up just because it's getting difficult. This is what humans do really. You're his wife and he feels that you might be doing something either behind his back or he can't fully trust you.

• discuss the divorce with him, discuss if things aren't going to be well after that's what gonna happen

• Nope... you can't say to him that you will leave, just go. I think that if you try to talk about a divorce will clearly happen a fight. So... take your things when he is not at home and go.

• give a divorce he don't respect you he did not even a gentleman. Find a true gentleman then marry him for God sake he abuses you how can you handle him?

• Yeah

• if you don't respect you. you should move on.. man should respect to women. he should accept your past.. if I will be there. I will accept your past

• leave. You don't deserve to be in an abusive relationship

What Girls Said 1