He broke up with me a year ago and I'm not completely over it?

He was my first relationship, I was in love with him, and he broke my heart over a year ago when he told me there was someone else, and that he no longer had feelings for me. I at first had a really difficult time with moving on, but it's gotten easier as time passed. Since then, because I've been in college, being in school is a great way to take my mind off of things. But I met him when we were still in high school, and so whenever I go back home, I keep finding myself reminded of him. I find myself missing him. It's as if all the progress I made in moving on for the past year goes away as soon as I get home. I have only one thing left that reminds me of him (a book he gave me, which I keep hidden out of my sight, and I plan to give it away soon).

Is this normal?
What can I do to stop thinking about this guy (who I haven't spoken to in over a year)?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• when your in love deeply with someone, it takes a long time to move on. The best substitute is find another person you connect with and make them the one you think about.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's normal. It can take a really long time after you've been hurt badly.

What Guys Said 1

• We always remember the first relationship the most. It's just a natural thing.

Best thing to do is removes anything that makes you remember him, block him on social media if you have that and generally just throw him away from your life in the heat of the moment.

What Girls Said 1

• get rid of anything he gave you in connects you to him

• That's what I'm on track to doing (getting rid of the book, and keeping it hidden away until I do). But I still feel upset over it, even when the book is out of sight and even when I'm far away from the book. what else can I do?

• what I do is heal my chakra can listen to chakra music and eat the foods for those