Should I take my man back?

I was dating a man for seven years and just found out last week he has been seeing a woman for almost 20 years. Supposedly he just broke up with her and he told her about me and she wanted to break us up. He claims he has not loved her for a very long time and has tried to break it off numerous times . But supposedly she helped him out financially man years ago and always reminds him of it and he feels guilty and keeps her around. He asks for my forgiveness and wants to marry me. I find it hard to trust him. Should I forgive or let go.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't believe everything you hear. He was seeing her for 20 years and you for 7? wtf...

How would you ever trust him after this, I usually am the one that always try to get people to work things out because we all have our situations in life and love BUT he has deceived you for way too long. He has basically lived a double life and now he is ready to leave her and marry you? Come on! If he wanted this then he could have had the balls a very very long time ago...Unless you want to go into a marriage thinking by having a ring on your finger will heal the wounds!

At least give it some time (a few years) to make sure that you will be happy with him for the rest of your life. For a man to stay in a relationship with a woman out of guilt, bulls**t and you know this. Think with your head and not your heart, it has no reasoning. Good luck, you will need it! Ty-lady!

What Guys Said 2

• Sure if you want to get hurt even more when your older. Take it that you found out about this now sooner than later as a blessing. Why would you want to be with someone that has been hiding something like that from you for so long? It does not make much sense to me. I know there are probably more details that go with it, but...just ask yourself, you know this now for a fact, more than likely your mind will always have 'doubt' within it throughout the rest of your relationship. Good luck.

• Let go.

Exes are exes for a reason and if he's had her around for a long time, it'll be too hard for him to kick the habit,

What Girls Said 2

• Leave him for good. He lied to you for seven years and that tells me that he just didn't have the guts to man up and deal with the situation the way he should have. If he finds himself in a similar situation in the future, he will lie to you again.Save yourself the hurt and pain and let him go. I'm sure you'll find somebody who will treat you with respect.

• You say you find it hard to trust him now. I think you will keep finding it hard to trust him for as long as you stay with him. Your relationship hasn't and will never be built on trust. If you truly can live with a constant nagging feeling in the depth of your stomach, whether he is still keeping ties with her, or someone new that you'll find our in 15 years, then I guess forgive and marry him.