Custody kidnapping and child support?

Ok so this is about my brother in law. He got full custody of his 3 sons. His now ex wife out of spite took them to Mexico. She then filed for child support in Mexico and he he has been sending her money even though she has now sent 2 of the kids back to live with him. My question is can he charge her with kidnapping or get out of paying her child support? She sent the boys back in terrible conditions. They where behind in school and where struggling to adjust. She also told them she'd kill herself if they stayed with their dad any advice?

07

Most Helpful Guy

• federal crime to cross state lines,
    If she is a Mexican Citizen, where were the kids born, and they should only have a limited time to be there (I'm sure a international law lawyer will help here). I'm under the impression that the kids aren't Mexican citizens and would be deported , but then this child support set up in Mexico is interference with the children's birth country.. yea, pay money to the kids and as they return he should also decrease it, what does the home country child welfare say about that, ..
    realistically the money is spent, don't expect much from the mother, what ever crushed the marriage here will most likely be the problem there.

• Well she was just abusive to him and the kids are us citizens. He owes back pay in child support because she never told him and waited for him to get in trouble. Just want him to get out of having to pay her cuz it's messed up what she's doing. Thanks for the Info on what lawyer to look for

• Yeah because she filed child support from Mexico even though he has full custody in the us

• she lied to the Mexican court then when she filed, (a standard of court proceedings), she doesn't get 2 swings because she don't like the first ruling. she crossed state lines that makes it a federal offence see your local F. B. I. (and at least gather info & cards)

What Guys Said 6

• The legal system is very, very lenient on women, but the fact is what she did there is completely illegal. He needs to get an attorney and start pressing this. The thing is, I understand that attorneys are expensive and your brother might be financially limited on what he can do, but the courts also have free resources to help him with the proper filings so perhaps he can start out with an attorney and then do the majority of the work on his own.

• He has 6 other kids with his current wide but it's the child support that's fucking it up for him because they don't take your other kids into consideration they just take half your pay

• Right, the fact that he has other kids does not factor into child support obligations. I mean, nine kids... wow. I'm even more certain that he's financially limited on what he can do here, but if your story is accurate, she's in the wrong here. He needs to move on it though because the longer he allows it go on, the more the courts are going to think that he must be ok with it and quite honestly, I would agree with them.

• He's just one of those nice guys that doesn't want to hurt her but yeah he's letting too much time go by

• If he has full legal custody then he can press charges and probably needs to as she sounds very unstable and like an unfit person to be trying to raise kids.

• And then some guys say the man never gets custody of the kids...

• So problematic 🤦‍♂️

• She needs professional help, sounds quite unstable

• she kidnapped them. and she's not at all fit to be a mother. she should be in prison

What Girls Said 0