If someone responded by saying "you can't ask someone if they love you"

Does that mean the answer is usually a no?..i told him to just say he doesn't so it will be less confusing and all he said was "you just can't ask someone if they love you, I don't know how to get you to understand that"...what do you think?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't love you or he would have said yes. And, he is right, you can't ask someone if they love you because if they did they would have told you already. He just doesn't want to hurt your feelings or lose whatever it is he may have with you, whether that is FWB, or friendship.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, the answer is plainly not a clear yes. It's probably a muddled yes, with reservations and stipulations and caveats. See article 11.3.4-b. You are not loved when you ask me to put the toilet seat down. That kinda stuff.

What Girls Said 1

• That doesn't sound like a very good sign to me, personally. :/ If he loved you, I don't think he'd have such a hard time saying so or answering the question.