How do stop my feelings for my best guy friend?

I've had so much feelings for him, for so long. Every time I see him it hurts more and more, but I never want to stop seeing him. I'm so sick of feeling this awful all the time over a boy who only sees me as a close friend.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm with the girls, have you told him? Lay it all out on the line. If he says he just wants to be friends you have to be ok with that. If not you shouldn't really see him

• I told him a long time ago, and I was rejected but we stayed really close friends after he was a little distant for a while. Now, I just feel like his back up girl when he feels lonely, and I hate that I let it get to me. He's a good guy, but I really need to stop liking him so that I can stop getting pulled in.

• Unfortunately I'm playing paintball with him tomorrow :/

• It does suck... but if you have the same friends and you will likely see him all the time you have to be ok with him not feeling the same. And don't expect it to change. Don't beat yourself up if he starts seeing some and don't ask your self what's wrong with me etc. The worry is that all this will give you bad self esteem and insecurity issues.

Most Helpful Girl

• What if he likes you in the same way?

• I know for sure he doesn't. He's always interested in other girls but I just let him use me sexually sometimes (never sex), but every time I give in, I hate myself for it afterwards. And then he tells me we should stop doing things like that, we stop, and then we start back up again some months later. The romantic interest is purely on my half of our relationship.

• Also, I'm going to paintball with him tomorrow, and we just had another one of those "just friends" agreements so I feel like it's going to be so awkward for me.

• Aim for his nuts dear

What Guys Said 1

• How long you known him?

• Almost a year now

• I have not

• Oh ok πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜…

What Girls Said 1

• Have you told him about your feelings?

• A long time ago I told him, but he didn't feel the same way and then got distant from me for a while, which really fucking hurt. So after that I just never brought it up again and made it seem like I am interested in other people. I know that he is physically and sexually attracted to me, but definitely not romantically, which is what I really care about.