my boyfriend of a year told me today that he cheated on me a few weeks ago.well 6 hours later I confronted the girl about it. She had no clue what I was talking about. So I confronted my boyfriend.. Ended up he lied about the whole thing. I'm not sure what I should do. He had me believing he cheated on me for 6 or 7 hours just to see my reaction. I didn't dump him... If I wouldn't of found out he was lying he would have never told me.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys that have erratic behavior like that are usually guys you want nothing to do with. It makes no sense which means he'll do other things to you in the future that are weird and irrational. He definitely has low self esteem. He just wanted to get a rise out of you. But he sounds a little messed up in the head as well. I'd dump him. What he did is almost as bad as if he had cheated. He lied to hurt you and get a reaction and he never planned on telling you the truth. Doesn't sound like the kind of guy I'd wanna date!

What Guys Said 2

• That guy is unsure about himself.

Perhaps you can heal that, perhaps you can't .

Don't just dump him for such an act, he loves you, he's just unsure.

• Ahhhhh, dump him.

That's weird.

What Girls Said 1

• Low self-esteem...

My ex-boyfriend did this to me, too. He created false alter egos and had "them" tell me that he was being unfaithful, to gauge my reaction. He then went on to blame me for his actions, saying that because I was insecure about our relationship he wanted to test what would happen if I had actually heard someone tell me he was cheating.

Not worth all the emotional welfare. Dump his ass.