Does sleeping/dating around non stop after a breakup help anything?

Does it make people feel better or worse? If the relationship was good, for example, and you dump someone, and they sleep around and date many people right after, what does it mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It will help you catch an std but it won't help you get over the breakup. Sometimes people sleep around after a break to try and deflect the pain they are going through but it doesn't actually help you in any way.

• but why doesn't it help?

• will he forget about me?

• He wouldn't forget about you.
      thanks for mho

Most Helpful Girl

• Sleeping around just puts your sexual count up. The higher it goes, the less attractive you become as a dateable partner. Applies both to girls and guys.

• what planet are you from? It must be nice lol. I don't care about your body count, love. or does that make me the weird one lol? FRFR you could bang out 100 next week and I don't care, I don't think you're a virgin anyway so what difference does that make to me? if anything, maybe you're a better lover now and that is an advantage!

• lol... he can keep making your coffee boo, IJS i can make you need it! lololololol πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜˜β˜• I'm a bad, bad manπŸ˜‚

• Thank you for MHO.

What Guys Said 18

• It delays the healing process

• it depends on a lot of factors, sometimes it helps you get over them and sometimes is just makes you feel worse

• well that's called "moving on" :D

• everyone after a break up need to put themselves into something like a hobby or work some people just put themselves into something abit too literally ;). but nah it helps makes you feel confident and wanted again after you've just been made to feel like you weren't good enough. it means either a fuck you or it hurts so they're drowning it in whatever hole they can fill

• Stiffen up your lip and get yourself off dating sites etc!

• It helps during a breakup, before a breakup, after a breakup... lol why wait, just 'sleep around' now! Now my life isn't for everyone, but a plain vanilla life isn't for me, either. If you have hedonist tendencies then think about following them, it is richly rewarding. Follow my player rules of honesty, respect, dedication to the happiness and fulfillment of every partner, and you will have a great life! I wouldn't change places with anyone.

• Yes, it reassures you that you are still attractive and desirable even if the object of your affections has made you feel otherwise.

• made me feel better short term, then when i thought about what i was doing, i realized i was only filling a hole in my heart, and felt worse

• lol that's ok buddy! we spend our entire lives filling that hole... some people find one person after another after another in an endless attempt at permanent monogamy. (Freudian spell check just tried to change that to monotony!) am a player so I mix and match lol. if one person fills than 4 people keep your heart overflowing!

• i see your point, but i disagree on that one. i prefer to focus on one. not there's wrong answers here haha

• It certainly helps your experience.

• If you are under 18 i wouldn't reccomend sleeping around cuz its hoey as fuck, but sure go on dates why not. Make sure guys kniw you are on "rebound" so they think theyll have a chance of sleeping with you, and then make yourself feel better buy crushing their dreams and hearts abd hopes. Gl and hf

• No, but it sure is a lot of fun!

• No not really

• rebound

• Means she wasn't getting what she needed from ya Bruh

• it helps if your into constant sex

• It doesn't help at all in my opinion

• not at all

• Helps with getting STDs and with feeling worthless and useless, since you're just a cum dumpster

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's not a good idea. You'll just end up feeling more lonely and used

• it actually makes you feel worse. when you are not over a person you just keep comparing him or her to others. Sexually too. and as for women we would still prefer the ex we have emotional connection with

• It didn't work for me

• It's kinda like throwing a bandaid on a gaping wound. It's a quick temporary fix but it doesn't solve the problem.