Have sex with lots of people?

Is it true you can get over the love of your life just by having sex with lots of people? Have you ever tried it and worked?

I am not planning on it.. but my male friend who just cheated on the love of his life is so depressed and said he is going to stay drunk &and just have sex till he is over her.. I don't think it will work so I wanted to see what others think.

514

Most Helpful Girl

• nope lmao

• girl your better than that come on. this question is ridiculous for a woman of your age. sleeping around makes you feel empty. I've thought about it too once but I didn't do it because it's nasty and STDs are running rampant these days. do you want to give the love of your life some kind of life threatening disease? it's not worth it. not only that but you're letting men use you and I'm sure the love of your life won't appreciate a loose pussy. come on now

• Lol it's alright;)

• my mom's husband did that and he's got erectile disfunction and they have been in a sexless marriage for 8 years now and she's very depressed

What Guys Said 14

• That doesn't work 😂😅. If anything it'll make you feel worse. Much worse. You'll not only NOT get over your love interest, but you might also feel used and unwanted even more. You could see yourself as disgusting after the whole thing

• Thats a childish immature way of handling something difficult. All one is doing is putting off the pain longer instead of facing it head on so they can get over that person.

• No, it can work a little if you got rejected or something like that, but for someone who you thought was the love of your life is
    it's something else entirely.

• Never tried it but i dont think its the vest option. Im a firm believer that sex and love are 2 different things and to move on you must find soneone else to start and care about.

• Don't do this lol. Any temporary escape from pain is a bad thing, be it indiscriminately sleeping around, doing drugs, smoking tobacco or weed, drinking, cutting - anything. If you wanna get your mind off it I suggest you find a hobby, learn something new, OR the really healthy option, see a therapist and work out the issues you're having with the breakup.

• I don't think it works realy good. you are happy at the moment but if you are alone at home the pain arrives again

• It def makes it easy to have fun by having sex. I do have my friends with benefits to keep my mind off of a girlfriend from 2 years ago

• You can fap through life

• Never works. It's just temporary drift nothing else.

• In fact, it can help for a short time yes but it's not the solution if he really wants to be happy again.

• It's true. I tried it and it worked several times

• that seems like a very imature way ti get over stuff

• The best way I've heard it described: the best way to get over someone is to "get under" someone.

• drinking will increase depression.
    sex help to decrease depression.
    but it will not help him to forget that person. that's a foolish way.
    tell him to go for someone else focus on work and his life goals and more important things

What Girls Said 4

• No it causes burnout, I did and wisened up now refuse to meet men or have sex with them, got to stage where I value myself to much to degrade myself to a random hookup.. men used me I allowed them that's shame on me

Ur friend is full of shit, he cheated on the love of his life now wants to sleep about? Couldn't have loved the love of his life if he cheated on her...

• No, having sex is fun, but doesn't help with complex emotional problems.

• No I think that would feel even more lonely

• No, that's just using other methods to temporarily distract you.