He broke up with me a day after he asked me to be his girlfriend. What can I do to make this right?

I've been dating this guy for 3 months. I really like him a lot. He cooks for me, texts me all the time, calls me all the time, takes me on dates, and introduced me to his friends and family. Yet, he had a hard time putting a title on our relationship. One day he finally asked me to be his girlfriend. I was so happy, I told all of my friends. Then the day after he called me and broke up with me, he told me he wasn't ready yet to be in a relationship and he needed more time and if we could please go back to just dating. I was so sad I cried on the phone and I said no I can't do that. I just couldn't believe it, I've been crying ever since. Please help me. I don't know what I did wrong. I really tried to make this work. I feel like a failure.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy just regret his proposion which i think has nothing to do with you, he just felt not ready that's all

Most Helpful Girl

• The word girlfriend puts a lot of pressure on situations for no reason, it's just a word. It doesn't mean shit other than I like this person and I fuck this person and I don't like anyone else or fuck anyone else. That's all "girlfriend/boyfriend" means. Maybe it's a him thing. Some people don't like the word. Try to work it out.

What Guys Said 1

• That is strange that he wants to date but not be in s relationship. mm

What Girls Said 1

• You didn't do anything, he just rushed into putting a title on it before he was ready. I did a similar thing to my boyfriend when we were just dating. Just try not to worry about it and continue as you were. He will put a label on it when he's ready.