What's your view on throwing a divorce party?

Just recently, i have heard a lot of people throwing a divorce party

726

Most Helpful Guy

• The way I look at it, I feel bad for anyone who hated their marriage and ex THAT much. I know some divorces can get nasty, but geeez.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its stupid. If I ended up divorcing someone I'd be too heartbroken to celebrate anything, esp if I was in it for a good amt. Of time

What Guys Said 25

• Lol it's sounds crazy
    but if you look closely at the benefits of it.
    it relieves stress from your head.
    makes you to join people again.
    if you're going to have hard time to get away from it
    you will know some better Friends to get of that feeling.
    most important is you can know someone who can marry you after thay divorce. and it will also increase the chances for you from your relatives and friends by letting people know that you're again single. so you can find someone better than last time.
    but after all its crazy idea if you're living in country where you can't marry after 3rd divorce.😂😂😂😂

• I guess I wouldn't do it. Things have been bad enough without throwing gas on the fire by doing something like this. It serves no purpose other than to justify what has already been established; a mistake was made, by one or both parties, and is being corrected via legal action. It's true there's emotions, and they'll run high. But this isn't the way I'd choose to express them.

• In a particularly bitter divorce, this might just be what the doctor ordered to harmlessly blow off some steam and emotionally comfort a person. Seems like fun! I totally should have done this after my first wife! LOL!

• I think it's pretty sad and ridiculous.

• It's a way to pull out fun from it but still disappointing way to end up a relationship.

• I'd do that with pleasure. Celebrating the end of wasting my time is better than suffering from an emotional breakdown because of a cheater or a person not exerting that much effort as mine.

• A sign of our declining culture

• meh petty

• Sometimes you gotta get drunk with friends after a break up. Otherwise how would you get over him and meet guys like me.

• Lol. Those cakes are funny. But in all seriousness, I'm not big on partying at all. If I went through a divorce, I would just get through with it and move on. No parties here.

• its petty and immature.

• wow... people are becoming insane... my brother had been through this stuff... and he was like soooo pissed off all the time... may be this could work for a mutual divorce... but looks Scarry...

• Not my thing to do haha

• poor taste

• friends threw me one, no cake, but it was a party

• I don't think most men will do this because they are usually broke after a divorce lol

• What ever helps sum 1 heal but the groom head cut off would be to much

• sick cakes...

• I think that's funny as heck

• I'd make sure that party never occurs.

• foolishness. this world is due for a total revolution world wide.

• good idea as we celebrate relationship then celebrate breakup also...

• I don't think it's appropriate. Pretty dumb idea in my opinion.

• how about a after show party on a funeral?

• hope won't have one

What Girls Said 6

• So stupid. Personally, I never want to marry. This makes marriage look like a fucking joke. Not something to be proud of, especially all these people under 25 getting married and divorced within a few years... makes you look bad.

• The average man marries at 29 and average woman at 28. It's because people wait until after they're 25.

• I guess if your marriage was that terrible then why not celebrate the end of it?

• Its better than being all angry / sad and bitter about it. I say it's a good way to move on from the past

• Cake and party-organising companies are running out of ideas!

• stupid

• SOUNDS BADASS