What do guys want from a girl they dated if they ask to stay friends?

What are the guys motives if he tells a girl he dated that he wants to remain friends. Some people say it has to do with hookups or being friends with benefits but what if when they were together they didn't have full on sex?

09

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a female BFF that was once my girlfriend. I love her just as much but not in the physical way. She's married with kids and I get along well with her husband.

What Guys Said 8

• Couple of reasons;
    1 - He wants to keep options open for possible sex one day.
    2- He wants to show you he is a "good" person so he can have sex with you one day, or get with one of your friends because he is still on good grounds with you.

• well maybe, during the dates, the guy just thought "oh i think i like her as a friend and don't want to spend my life with her. i will tell her after the movie/ dinner / drink so that we stay friends and don't make mistakes." simple as that... (however, if he did that with a girl he had sex with, that's more problematic...)

• Maybe he's hoping you'd change your mind and have sex before marriage?

• He's the one who prolonged sex not me

• 20yrs of my life has been enough. I give up

• Lol hun. You're 21. You are soo young, you're whole life is ahead of you. Dont give up hope yet. Plus didn't this just end?

• She might have hot friends that actually put out after a date. That's my only reason to stay friends.

• he wants to get laid.

• It could be.

I think it can be emotionally difficult to stay friends.

• Friendship?

• They want a long life partner to stay with them to gather all time and be frnd for lyf

What Girls Said 0