Staying with a girl out of pity?

I've been in a serious relationship for a year and a half. I'm not satisfied with the the relationship, there's lack of sex (usually twice a month) too many fights over the same stuff (we both have a bad temper) she's too clingy and her insecurities drain all my energy, to name a few.
She has absolutley zero Friends. Her mother texts her only when she needs something (usually once every 2 months or so) and her sister never ever calls or writes. She depends on me for entertainment, love and companionship. It makes me feel trapped. Im moving away 2 hours feom her for university and she's devastated, but i feel i have to do this to get some space, to breathe. I dont want to leave her because i do love her, i dont want her to be all alone in this world. She is a hard person to be with though, sometimes she gets very mean and obnoxious without any reason at all, i kinda know why she can't keep friends. She screams at her mother and always wants to be right. Not the most pleasing person to be with. But i still love her and she doesn't deserve to be all alone, if we break up she'll have no one to even tell we've broken up. Its extemley sad. I want to live my 20s with more freedom than this, but i dont want her to suffer. What should i do?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind. And you can't put your happiness on hold for her. Until someone wakes her up she won't change her attitude which is her responsibility not yours

Most Helpful Guy

• life is too short to be unsatisfied in a relationship, if fixing it does not work, seek other relationships

What Girls Said 2

• You have an option to build this relationship the way you want. Announce to her that it is going to be on your terms if she chooses to stay with you. Define the terms you are happy with. If she agrees, give it a try. If not - its over

• Be fair to yourself and break up, you only live once and that sounds horrible!

What Guys Said 1

• Get her some friends lol. You just wrote your own solution

• She doesn't want any, man.

• She says that people are fake and she's been betrayed many times before. She says she only needs me.

• Tell her she's gonna have to compromise and that she needs to get friends for your space