Need help with this relationship question PLEASE?

So here's the deal. My ex and I were very much in love. Everything was wonderful and we were there for each other during some very tough times. We were extremely compatible, liked the same things, had the same sense of humor, etc. Seemed like soulmates. 5 months of pure happiness for me. He worked frequently, but we still made it work. One day, he says he's getting a promotion at work. He says it'll be tough for us, cause he'll be training and away a lot, but we'll still work. And because I really, really love him, I was gonna fight through it as well. Because relationships don't just happen, they sometimes require work and sacrifice. I was willing to do anything. Of course it was upsetting that we couldn't see each other as often, but the training period was only temporary, and he was still my boyfriend. Suddenly, after the training, his texts became less frequent and it got to the point where I wouldn't hear from him in days. This upset me, but I understood the job was tiring. I grew worrisome cause he wasn't as lovey anymore. On my birthday he gives me this book that has all these ways that he loves me and he apologizes for working so much. However, a week later, he breaks things off between us. My heart is shattered into a million pieces. There are no words to explain the pain you feel when the person you love with all your heart, stops loving you out of the blue. The job was so demanding and so tiring, it made him forget about our relationship, and what we had, and what we'd done. It's now months later, and I'm still in love. I can't just get over someone I love and it's chewing me apart every day. He went from telling me "im gonna marry you some day" to emotionless. We're still "friends" (even though we haven't talked since the breakup day, and I fight the urge daily to message him, or reconnect with him. It just eats me alive. I have no interest in any other men, and I'd give ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING to have him back in my life. What do you think I should do? 😕
Need help with this relationship question PLEASE?
Add Opinion