Is this apart of modern realtionships should I accept this, or is it okay that I'm hurt?

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years, I love him with my whole heart. but all we do is agure. I get senstive because he's not the type to give compliments he tears you down instead and then tears you down some more if he sees you crying. we just got into a fight and instead of listening about how I feel he shuts down and won't hear it. and now he's not talking to me. Is this normal, something I should just accepted that guys just ignore their girlfriends. I just feel like he doesn't care, he never Chase's me.

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Its time to break up. You know it and probably feel it. Relationships can't last with constant fighting and when your dating a boy and not a man who ignores you after you voicing your concerns.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a real insensitive jerk. What do you like about him? If he doesn't have a soft spot when you cry that's a red flag to me.

• it is, I'll cry and he will just ignore me or laugh, I just want a way to fix the situation. I love that he allways makes me laugh and the he holds me. I love to see him smile, and be happy

• You can find someone better who will make you laugh, hold you, and feel bad if he makes you cry. I don't like the way he treats you reading a lot of your replies. I would leave my boyfriend if he starts talking about other chicks and he knows better. You teach people how to treat you based on what you tolerate.

• your right thankyou

What Guys Said 8

• This is totally NOT NORMAL. This sounds miserable. Most people wouldn't last four weeks. Were you mistreated by your birth family? You deserve much better than this.

• yeah I love my birth family a lot, but my parents tended to put my brothers first. I was neglected , and bullied by my whole family. now my realtionship is better with them but still they have openly admitted that they don't check up on me because they see me as being so strong I act like everything is okay.

• This is so not ok. You need to spend some time away from this guy. I hope you have at least one supportive friend. A professional counselor might help you if that's available. One made a big difference in my life when I was getting out of an abusive relationship.

• Its not normal. Accept it only if you want to. One last thing to do.. tell you're tired of being treated like this and show him the door.

• no this is not right, a relationship is about two people becoming one not one person with a loyal side kick, thats what dogs are for (pet dogs lol). i am not great with the compliments but i do try and listen and change when my wife asks or talks. as for teh crying i think most guys find that hard to deal with as we are taught to not cry and get up and get on with it, its probably something to do with showing your emotions, which ladys do and guys dont.

• No, don't accept this. Have a serious talk with him about it or break up and find a good man.

• No real man would act like that. a real man would love and care for his woman. he should treat her right and be the best that he can be for her.

• maybe he's worried by something he's not telling you about?

• He is not worth to you. a man a genuine man keep the value of his partner emotions. if he evoke you to cry more so i dont think he is still like you.

• He just want other pussy. Let him go.

• how do you know?

• I've faught with him about other girls and he just says bullshit. has your girlfriend tried to talk to you about things like that? and when she does do you try to dismiss the facts and lie?

• yeah when we walk together I look at other girls and she notices it and gets bitter and her mood becomes bad and she stops talking to me for a while. She can't do nothing about it and I just like other girls and she gets it.
      Once she asked "What are your plans for future, how do you see yourself in some period", and I ignored it. I dont want to talk about my future because I dont see her in there.

What Girls Said 2

• It seems really toxic and the start of an abusive relationship, if you don't get out now you'll be stuck taking all of his shit because you want to please him and gain his approval.

• Accept it