This is getting kinda heart breaking and annoying now help?

Ok so I was at College yesterday and I felt like something was missing. I saw a guy and he looked similar to my ex so much I pictured it was him. I imagined the guy in his clothes and it brought back all our memories. I just had to exuse myself to the toilet because I needed to cry. I've never felt this way about anyone before. How do I stop this? He's interfering with my mind, my life and I don't know what to do. I don't even look for relationships with guys because I want to wait for him and I know that's stupid because he doesn't love me. I just don't understand my brain.
I feel so damn weak when I think of him because he probably doesn't give a shit about me.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• These are completely normal feelings to have after a breakup from someone who you really cared about. Time really is the only thing that can help.

You're at this stage now where any little thing will remind you of him and keep bringing back that hollow feeling inside you. You will get to a time where he's just a distant memory and the thought of him doesn't even phase you, trust me.

Until then, all I can suggest is focus on other things and embrace life. Focus on yourself, you're awesome. Go outside, exercise, go for a walk, watch your favorite movies, listen to your favorite music. Just try to overcome the sadness and be present in the current moment and not the past.

I remember when I was getting over my worst breakup when I was 18, I look back on it now with really fond memories because I learnt a lot about myself through that experience.

I watched 500 Days of Summer after that breakup, wasn't a bad movie.

Hope you feel better soon!

• thank you. I'm sorry about your breakup I'm glad you can look back on it with fond memories.

The only thing that worries me is. It's been a year now and I thought I'd would be over it now. I mean I look at other guys but I've realised I'm just looking for his facial features. They probably don't even act like him. I'd feel like I'm dating a shell of him with a different soul. Which is heart breaking to me, which is why I don't want a relationship. I also want to be fully invested in a guy.

• I'm so sorry you feel that way. I can relate to your sadness. I actually still have a note he gave me and I left it on my desk. It's kind of a reminder of the past to me too. I've been so close to ripping it up and throwing it away, then i remember him and just leave it there.

I hope I do meet great people. I can understand the guilt. He did make a big impact and ironically he took a piece of my heart with him.

• It's all fine, I'm fine now. We all just hit low points sometimes. Yeah it's good that you didn't rip that note up, all these experiences make you who you are and you're a stronger person now. I wish you all the best for the future.

Most Helpful Girl

• Breakups take time and lots of it. Only with lots of time will the memories fade. You need to be patient on the road to heartbreak recovery. Yes you will at times make progress and then fall again. But then you pick yourself up and with time, the pain will again start to fade.

What Guys Said 1

• why did you break up? thinking you see an ex you had strong feelings for is normal.

• it was kind of a mutual breakup. It was peaceful I guess. I just feel like it was my fault we broke away. I think that's why I'm always thinking of him.

• I'm serious just badger the fuck out of him. like force him to either date you or never talk to you again. you won't be stuck in libo. yeah you won't want to be told to wank off but if he tells you that you get permanent closure. sometimes its better for the damn to break rather than a crack to form ya know?

• I kinda get what you mean. Guys have a tendency to go light on the truth concerning girls.

What Girls Said 1

• awww poor sweetie. I felt what you felt and it is normal. you are still in love with him. and the idea of him just breaks you over and over again... because you feel like he doesn't give a damn about you. But you got to let him go to free yourself from the pain of holding on to someone who doesn't feel the same for you.