My boyfriend said this to me while I was pregnant?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 years, and I got pregnant with my son when I was 21. My boyfriend made a snarky comment saying I was less desirable while being pregnant because I was "bigger". Then when my girl came along, he told me that I need to "fix" my stretch marks otherwise he would leave me for another girl. Do you find your partner less desirable when they're pregnant? Should I break it off with him?

1421

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think that's a normal reaction at 21 when a young couple that isn't even really in love or ready to have a child actually having a child...

I guess it's not obvious to you guys...
    either way... at this point what does it matter.. it's been 4 years since the first comment and 3 years for the other comment... now you're 25
    whatever

• I don't know if he was intentionally trying to be rude, but he's a great father. But it still hurts me to this day that he didn't find me desirable while I was pregnant. Don't guys usually?

• I think he's just an idiot young boy at that time lol... I know we were hahah...
      So It makes sense for guys at 21 to say stupid shit like that...

but Im sure if you guys work at it and get older the more he will appreciate you and vice verca...
      Just keep your frequency on a positive level... don't forget why you guys fell for reach other.. always keep that fire alive

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, break it off with him. That's terrible. Stretch marks coming from having a child is especially no reason to be ashamed and him making you feel this way is so wrong. I'm lucky because my husband is really attracted to pregnant women so when I get pregnant it will really turn him on and he understands all of the less desirable things it comes with which he is perfectly okay with. Also, stretch marks are not fixable. They are preventable during pregnancy if you use creams to make them seem less pronounced but you can't actually get rid of them. He's an asshole, you brought his baby into this world and he has to be rude about stretch marks? Unbelievable! You deserve better.

What Guys Said 20

• I can't believe I have to say this...
    Yes of course you should dump his ass, he obviously doesn't see you as anything more than your appearance.

• Not being attracted to a pregnant woman is a matter of taste and everyone has the right to like or not like some things, but it's kind of rude to say it like that.

Now the comment of the stretch marks is completely unacceptable. That is extremely cruel and it's emotional abuse.

I'm sorry to say it like this but if he really said he'd leave you because you have stretch marks he's shit and you should leave him because you deserve better

• That guy is a piece of shit time to move on

• Biologically, pregnancy signals in a man that he should back off.
    Nature wants to ensure the survival of the offspring.
    However, your guy saying that is an asshole thing to say, universally!!!

Fuck that guy.

• He sounds like a huge ass!

• I'm sorry but he's rude

• He's the father of my kids and I love him, it'll be hard to let go. But I can't take those snarky comments he's been giving me.

• He sounds like a bit of an ass. I don't find being pregnant attractive when it comes to the physical sense. Having a huge belly and not being proportional with the rest of your body isn't attractive. For stretch marks it depends on how bad they were. If so I would ask my significant other to get cream or something. I wouldn't leave her because of it. I don't know whether you should break up with him or not. Depends on your financial situation and whether your kid has a huge relationship with him. My parents had a divorce when I was six years old and it's never effected me. Everyone's different, but just look at the effects of everything if you do break up with him.

• No, if i had a girlfriend or wife pregnant i wouldn't find them less desirable when their pregnant , I would never do that stuff to a girl..

• Lmfao wow what a flaming faggot. You can't do much about stretch marks. I saw my BM no differently when she had a belly from my daughter. I personally thought it was sexy.

• what a dick

• OMG why are you with that asshole.

• I think pregnancy makes a woman more beautiful and there is nothing wrong with a woman that has stretch marks

• i would say way more desirable.

• Just get a job and get urself ready before you dump him, but yah u should dump. Him.

• You've made your bed I'm afraid

• more desirable,

if he told you straight to your face, take care of that you fat cow, yes leave...

otherwise, experience with women tells me you are making a big deal out of bad jokes

• Don't let him go..
    About me, pregnant is not attractive.. My wife is pregnant now..
    And I hate stretches, but I still love her

• extremely No

• break it off. you deserve better

• yeah break up and live alone with kid and no money
    haha

What Girls Said 13

• Someone could be a good father but a terrible husband, breaking it off with him won't stop him from the child's father. He seems emotionally and verbally abusive, especially since he said that to you while you were in one the MOST EMOTIONAL STATES IN A WOMAN'S LIFE! While he doesn't have to outright adore and worship your pregnant body, he should appreciate it. The fact that he said that he would leave you over something as superficial as stretch marks is a GINORMOUS red flag. All I have to say is, if he treats you like that, he'll treat his daughter like that, and he'll teach his son to treat other women like that.

• Yes, get out he's an ass.

• I guess I'll have to let him go, he's a great father though.

• How so? It's hard to imagine him passing on good morals of how to respect women to the kids.

• You're right, he hasn't said anything demeaning recently.

• leave his sorry ass. I think its normal if they find you less desirable during a pregnancy but what an ungrateful cunt you were caring his child, he got you pregnant, he should be supportive and shouldn't be threatening you like that.

• Wow. He sounds like a jackass and that you deserve a lot better.

• I'm agraid to tell you that you are dating an asshole.

• I hope you left him immediately! What a POS

• He is ruuuude girl. A real man would be blessed that your body carries his children.

• I think you should ask him why he's being such a tool. Did you not see this critical nature of his before you got pregnant?

• you really shouldn't have even had a baby with someone who thinks you dont look as good while carrying THEIR baby in you.

• He is a jackass and you are beautiful. Tell him how you feel about that remark and that what he said is not acceptable. He should accept your flaws. I'm sure he has his own.

• disrespectful. its a shame he can't respect the mother of his own child. trust me, i know of men who loved their wife even more for having those stretch marks. he's just mean, and i think you deserve better.

• Get rid of him, he's too immature to be in a relationship. You can do better.

• he's dumb