Does the "no contact" rule really work?

My boyfriend of a year broke up with me a month ago and I feel like I've tried a lot of things to try to work it out with him. I tried begging/pleading, trying to take breaks, etc but nothing so far has worked so I'm trying no contact.

No contact is where you don't contact your ex in any way, no texts, no calls, no showing up, nothing for a month or more. This is important so emotions settle down, both people can think critically about the relationship, and the good times that we had. Then a reconciliation maybe possible.

I was curious if no contact with my ex was the perfect way for him to get his space, think about the situation, and possibly contact me on his own? Did this method work for anyone else?

I know its in my best interest to forget this guy, I just have a feeling that I'm not quite done with the situation at hand. I guess that's the best way I can describe it.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It works to get over someone, but not to get someone back to you all the time. Understand that its a healing process. The mistake that people make while using no contact is acually expecting their ex to come back and want to be with them. Sometimes 1 month isn't enough time. During no contact you have to live your life, improve on yourself, meet people, go places, and eventually start dating. You have an advantage being a woman because you will have guys after you, and guys don't have that luxury of being chased by women most of the time. Just don't think that other guys will hurt you and have a good time. Also, don't wait for your ex, don't chase him, move forward and let him catch up to you when you are far ahead. He burned the bridge, so let him rebuild it.

What Guys Said 1

• No contact dose work, I was just like you ,I left it for 6 months and she text me, I ignored it, I'm so over her ,it so works, gets them rite out of your head, really hard at start tho,good luck

What Girls Said 2

• It helps you to clear your mind, but i tried and my ex got a girlfriend, guess it not was meant to be... its been 4 months nc

• It depends. If he seemed completely over you and was on to someone else, I'm not convinced that having you out of his life will make old feelings for you come flooding back. I think it's in your best interest to just move on with your life.