Spying on ex's social media - since my breakup I can't stop from monitoring?

And I don't know why, I wonder what im feeling at the time when i see his pictures and stories and get to know he already with another girl. And I don't think I want him back, but why I can't stop myself from wanted to know about him? I keep on want to know what his life going on.
Anyone know why? Anyone have experiences like this? Any way to get out of this?

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• that is perfectly normal, but you have to realize its not doing any good to you and stop it. i broke up with my 4 year long girlfriend last year, and i think only watched her social media once. i learnt the lesson from a previous relationship, is hard, but less painful.

• For that point, you're right. The more I know the more I get hurt. And I try to date another guy so. But seem like it only make me miss my ex even more.
      If you don't mind can I ask something? How long it take for you to move on from your 4 years girlfriend?

• Show All
    • both times i did date another girl, it does help to overcome the loleniless, i'd certainly recommend it. (but try to be fair with that person too and not use him/her! in both cases these girls knew about my situation and wasn't "long relationships" but kinda more informal)

• @dmbvb you're really helpful. I really appreciate all your comment. Like serious. Well, for currently I also date another guy in order to help me moving on and stop me from sleepless at night. But I feel like, the more I try to love the new guy the more I miss my ex. Do you feel the same?

What Girls Said 1

• I did the same for a long time and it only hurt me seeing it but I was so eager to know and see

• And till this day I don't know why I did it but we are back together so that's a plus!!

• We have the same situation. Same for me I was so eager to know about my ex too. No matter how hard I tries to stop myself, to calm myself it seem doesn't work at all. More painful, I see myself like a fool, that the more I know the more I get hurt!