How do you fix a broken heart?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just give it time. It may take a while but as time goes on, you will think less and less of that particular person and before you know it, you will be over him/her and with someone far better than them. But if you want to lose feelings for that person quickly, I suggest that you avoid them whenever you can so you don't have to see they face. And change the subject in your mind immediately when you are thinking of him/her. Those 2 steps will help you get over them sooner.

Most Helpful Girl

• Giiiirl, you are fucking 15!
    World is yours, please.
    Don't stop on one guy who was not worth it.
    Take ice cream, watch "Bridget Jones", and move on

What Guys Said 44

• Firstly it's important to understand what went wrong. Breakups damage ego and our self-image. We open up and give our all to that special someone and naturally it will hurt when everything we have to offer, everything we are, simply isn't enough. It's important to remember that we're not that bad or that they're not that great, you wouldn't have been with each other for X period of time if that was the case. They have had to love you or appreciate you at some level if they've committed to you; you are indeed good the way you are, you just weren't their cup of tea good.

Secondly learn to love and appreciate yourself more than that other person. Devote yourself something (s), find your mission in life, become someone you'd protect as much as you're willing to protect that significant other.

No matter how you look at it it's not easy, and it's not supposed to be. Just remember that along all of the bad sides you were indeed able to experience all the good sides as well. Life is an endless circle of good and bad times, so if you're currently going through bad times have faith that good times are coming your way. :)

• You have to give that person's heart a break... You have to show them that you aren't like the other person (s) that broke their heart before... And show them that it's still okay to put their heart out there... that it's still ok to love someone... you just have to be the best person you can be with them... it's not easy proving yourself in this situation but when or if you finally do then it's the best love ever...

• Time. But I don't advice going straight on the rebound it never ends well. I'd aim to actively avoid romantic relationships but try and make new friends just friends until you can't avoid a romantic relationship because your human and it pretty much happens anyway with little effort, falling in love is easy but falling out is hard so be sure that you like someone.

• Wait your 15 so you're going through puberty. Ignore all that advice go on the rebound and figure out what you're into get your heart broken a few times, cause your first few proper breakups make you a crazy person and when your young its okay to be a little crazy when your an adult you might get fired or a restraining order. not saying that will happen maybe you handle breakups better than I did as a teen.

• Duct tape fixes everything

• listen to Taylor Swift

• Time, warm beverages, and friends.

• That's what I'd like to know.
    Right now, I'm just workin through the pain and distracting myself as much as possible.

• I don't know when you find out please tell me

• Only, time, and being around people that uplift you can fix it..

• With gorilla glue

• glue

• you find an answer to that let me know. mine still hurts after 2 years. im ok and it is what it is but man does it get sore.

• TIme + time = fix

• Quadruple bypass

• You dont. Time does.

• you don't

• time

• With time or another person that can mend a broken heart, i could do that, but no one crushes on me :'(

• Go to the doctor

• Time

• Lots of crazy glue! No... Time heals all wounds.

• only time... nothing else...

• huh? what happened horro?

• Take someone elses

• I'd just glue it back together.

• By living day by day

• Ice cream & hugs

• The best thing to do is anything but try to fix it. It takes time.

• take care of yourself and give it time to heal.

• More from Guys
    14

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• don't give up in things and people you love, some of them won't be part of your life for some reason but you will move on

• Time, distance and new experiences that bring joy.

• it'll fix itself

• Time

• Once it's broken you can never fix it

• When you find the cure please tell me what it is because its almost a year and it still hitting me pretty badly.

• Unfortunately, only time really helps. :( It will get better!

• Time can only heal a broken heart. Just keep doing you and focusing on what you gotta do. The worst thing to do is to jump into another relationship knowing that you aren't ready.

• Food

• I don't know, but I wish I did