How do u breakup with your boyfriend and remain friends?

1228

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont sleep with any of his friends if you can help it. If you both put a real effort into trying to keep it together for a while and both realize it wouldn't work, then things should end and you sho9ld still be ae to maintain a friendship. Dont try to force that friendship immediately either. Also try to avoid bringing a new boyfriends to any shared social events when hanging with friends. Any social event you invite him to or that he may invite you to within the first 6 months should be treated with a degree of respect,

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't happen directly after the breakup considering feelings would be hurt and you both would need a chance to move on from your relationship, but maybe after that you two may be able to move on as friends.

What Guys Said 27

• Some say a friend can become a boyfriend but a boyfriend can't become a friend

• 1.) Just make less time for him
    don't make yourself available for him.

2.) Don't text him or call him often
    don't exchange emails , Don't Snapchat etc.

3.) Make excuses when he wants
    to spend time with you, there is lots
    of excuses you can use.

4.) Being a close friend will make him
    stay interested in you more.

5.) Just remain distant friends cause
    closeness will give him wrong impression

• Um... you don't

• Um... you don't.

• don't ask him to be your friend. if he wants to stay friends with you then good. you just breakup with him.

• be straight up. for me personally it's the beating around the bush that made me want to block my exs.
    like if he is being straight up, just assume he caught on to your feeling anyways.

• You don't not just because of past feelings and newfound jealousy making it impossible to keep stable simply because it is all around toxic

• How to have cake and eat it?

• I went out with a friend once. she started to flake out, ghost, etc. when she dumped me, I knew she still wanted to be friends. I doubt I'll ever talk to her again, at least for 5 years, after that? maybe.

• Jesus, you are heartless.

• Tell him directly that you want to breakup... things will get worse... he will not talk with you... but it all depend upon you if you will give your time after breakup as well then in few days or months you can be friends again and he will slowly get over it... but it depends upon person to person and it is the only possibility may work

• Impossible. If he liked you he will like you second time too. You can't remain just friends. You can be together or you can hate eachother but not frinds.

• break up. wait like 3 months or so (depends on you). during those 3 months if he messages you just talk to him. keep reminding him that you just want friends. if he wants to be your friend you will know. I could be wrong. lol

• It seldomly works, just break up with him and go your separate ways

• simply say him... I'm bored from you... I need some place

• Not worth it, I don't suggest trying. The one who cares most will end up strung along and eventually resentful.

• it's pretty difficult. usually not worth it. only really works If u were the best of friends first.

• You can't

• u don't

• You don't.

• Start dating one of his friends or family. It will keep you in close proximity to him. He'll coke around to the idea of you being friends. Either that or he'll hate you forever.

• almost impossible

• You can't

• hahaha I don't know you tell me

• honestly. it will only for for as long as you want it to. ..

• Ahhh your a typical modern woman. I bet you cheated or got bored or maybe his bank account went dry and now your gonna go on to a new guy. Your 62nd guy probably. But hey I'm a feminist so GO MODERN WOMEN! Stay away from him.

• Im, poss, ceeee, bla

What Girls Said 11

• You just break up with him. Be honest, and give them the closure they deserve so they can move on from it.

• You don't get to break someone's heart and then expect them to be your friend. It just doesn't work like that lol.

• Haha but apparently people don't think twice before breaking their partner's heart and asking them to still friends.

• Say you want to break up and remain friends, then see if he decides to take you up on the offer.

• Break up, wait some month and text him something but why do you want to leave him and remain friend? It don't make sense.

• If you break up and can be friends then there was no real love or connection there, with some of my ex's I was able to remain friends because I didn't really have feelings anymore so didn't really care but then with other ex's I couldn't be friends if I really loved them or they actually meant something to me.

• by breaking up through mutual agreement? I don't know..

• How this happens is that you are usually friends first before you start dating the guy what you want to have is a strong friendship before dating that
    way when or if you break he will be moer prone to keep beinging friends

what you want to have is a strong friendship before dating that
    way it when

• Remind them you value their friendship, and don't stick to their hip afterward. That's confusing as fuck.
    Also, don't dump them over text.

• I will never

• just be honest with him and tell him that you want to be friends, but be prepared that he may want time before that actually happens.

• I've been in a few relationships and I can honestly say everyone's different. Not all boyfriends or girlfriends will remain friends depending on how bad the breakup was, how close you were etc. Luckily two of my exs are still my friends. I think one important factor is to be mature and remain calm. Try to avoid breaking up over text as this can come of as insincere, but instead do it in person and privately. When you are in the process of breaking up with them, calmly explain to them why the relationship won't work out but make sure you get to the point. After the break up give them some space. Don't show them any signs that you're interested as this may lead them on. Eventually they will accept that you're not together and will heal over time. After a reasonable amount of time you can slowly start talking to them, but keep conversations limited to general topics. Just be chill and friendly. Again, they may or may not want to be friends, but don't be upset if they don't because some just may want to cut off all contact and move on. Just remember that you tried because that's all that matters in the end.