Should I leave or stay?

I've been with my boyfriend for over 6 years now. we are both in our 40s. I am so ready to settle down. It seems like he dosent. He loves to drink every weekend faithfully even when he has no money that he has to borrow. this man has no stop button. everything has to be a party. to be honest I'm tired of seeing him coming home drunk. when i talk to him about it he gets a defensive saying dont change him. I'm not asking him to stop drinking. I'm asking him to slow down and not go out every single weekend. I think I'm changing. I'm finally realizing what I dont want in a relationship. I'm looking for my own place before I break up with him. Do you think I'm being selfish because i want to leave?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• hi i read your post and i want you to know that you can change your man and also make sure he stops drinking and get devoted. the same also was happening to me so i tried to fight back my man with all option and today he is a change man. you can message me if you wish to change him

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been saying a lot to other people on this website as i reckon its a missed question we all need; does he make you a better you? Now, not saying that my opinion is needed, but from what you've said, I do not think he does. You're not being selfish, everyone deserves a happy life, and if you think there is a chance with someone else, I'd say go for it. Besides, an alcoholic who doesn't want to change is scary. All I can say is that if he doesn't seem to make you your best self, and is ruining himself simultaneously, go for being happier. I don't think this man wants to settle for years, and there's a possibility you can meet someone in months who really makes you your best you. Hope this helps?

What Guys Said 5

• https://youtu.be/BN1WwnEDWAM

No I think you were doing the right thing.

• I guess, you should just exit the situation. moving on is hard, but you need to find your happiness also.

• Tell him how you feel if he changes then stay if not leave

• leave him...

• Sounds like your really unhappy,, I think you need to live on. Find someone who makes you happy..

What Girls Said 3

• You are growing up and he's not. Get out and don't look back. When you leave he'll make many attempts to large things up and convince you he's changed. Don't believe it otherwise you'll be right back where you were

• Women leave men who just take them for granted no matter how they feel about them. Leaving him may be the best thing you can do for him. A wakeup call that what he is doing is just going to keep him drunk and alone. Find you a guy who wants to be with you. Sounds like he is trying to drown his problems.

• i am not sure if that is true!

• @dbg1170 You dont think what is true? Its something a famous marriage counselor reported after years of working with couples. It was released as "Why Women Leave Men They Love: What Every Man Needs to Know'".

• You have one life, it is yours. Do not live your life worrying about others because you will look back at your life with regret and think what if? I've seen these sorts of people, do not be one yourself.